[64x] Modern Skyblock 2 & 3 [MC1.12]

Tekkit? Feed the Beast? All texture compilations (work in progress and full releases) for mod packs.
Patch Creator
1498 Posts

Post 11 Nov 2017, 22:18

Modern Skyblock 3
Modern Skyblock 3 is the sequel to Modern Skyblock 2 (obviously :P). Modern Skyblock 2 was unique for that that it used Sky Resources for obtaining resources instead of Ex Nihilo, but since its release, a few other packs have used it, making Modern Skyblock 3 not unique for that. Modern Skyblock 3 is unique for another reason: Unlike almost every other pack that has a progression line, it doesn't have any recipe changes (besides for those fixing exploits and allowing a few mods to work). Instead, it's entire progression line is based around quests, hence it features 1k+ of them.

Modern Skyblock 2
Have you ever played skyblock and wanted more? Wanted to play it with mods? Or have you played so many Ex Nihilo based mod packs that you're tired from sifting and want a change? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then Modern Skyblock is the mod pack for you! Unlike your traditional Ex Nihilo skyblock pack, this one is based around a mod called Sky Resources with a different and unique progression line. Instead of sifting for resources, you get them through alchemy and technology. You also practically have all the mods in the world to play with, but not all are available from the very beginning.

Note - These are all the textures I have done so far. I will be updating more patches as I go along. If other people make patches I will also update as required.

Downloads

Modern Skyblock 3 for Ver 3.4.1.4 Modern Skyblock 2

How to Install

Show
Please understand this is an addon for the PureBDcraft texture patch which will need to be downloaded separately here. Place both of these in your resourcepacks folder and select both to get the textures in game.

Known issues
1. Make sure you have allocated enough RAM to the game to run a large texture pack. This will vary depending on the resolution you have selected. The numbers below are a guide and need more or less depending on your computer.

128x - This will usually require Optifine to work and at least 14 - 16 GB of RAM allocated. Optifine may cause rendering issues. If this is the case download the 64x version and remove Optifine.

64x - Allocate 8 to 10 GB.

32x - Allocate 6 - 8 GB

If after using these you still cannot get the patch to run, use a lower resolution.

2. When selecting the new packs the first time the way the Texture Atlas (The large sheet Minecraft transfers all the textures to for use in game) may not form correctly, causing textures to appear in the wrong place. Restart the game, this will let Minecraft load the textures on to a clean Texture Atlas and hopefully will fix any glitches.

3. For any other issues please see the Help Centre page.

Preview

Show

Changelog

25 Feb 2019 - Added How to Install section
25 June 2018 - Updated MS3 to Ver 3.4.1.4. Not backwards compatible.
23 May 2018 - Added download for Modern Skyblock 3
17 Feb 2018 - Updated multiple things but mainly Nuclearcraft stuff.
11 Nov 2017 - Initial release

Credits

Show
Last edited by Novamanga on 01 May 2019, 12:46, edited 5 times in total.
If anyone would like to take over any of my threads please contact me. I will continue to host what I have done but expect no further updates.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Patch Contributor
290 Posts

Post 08 Jan 2018, 15:19

I knew I should have checked here first, playing this also and had textured a lot of missing things but as usual Nova did most of the things including mods that weren't previously textured.

Superb work as usual :)
Patch Creator
1498 Posts

Post 23 May 2018, 21:07

Update - Added download for Modern Skyblock 3
If anyone would like to take over any of my threads please contact me. I will continue to host what I have done but expect no further updates.
Patch Creator
1498 Posts

Post 13 Aug 2018, 20:50

Updated Modern Skyblock 3 download