[64x] Thermal Smeltery

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
24 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2016, 11:05

I'm kinda trying by trial and error to get something that looks cool but I think I'm nowhere near to a good result so feedback appreciated, even more if it's technical feedback ;) I know PS tools but I surely need massive designing guidance since I've always worked with the Photography set of tools.
This mod basically adapts every TiCon Smeltery recipe to the Magma Crucible. In theory it should add recipes from mods adding TiCon Smeltery Recipe as well, namely Extra Tinker's Construct.
I've tried to do something for Thermal Smeltery which has a lot in common with other patches thus making it easier to take some insipiration.

Downloads

Previews

Show

Notes

I've done really few images, because before proceeding further (and invest time into that) I bet it's better having some feedback and proceed in a better way instead of redoing everything.
Into the .zip there is a file called tree.txt, it's here for me to track what I've Sphaxified (or at least tried to) and what I didn't.

A recap of what I've modified:
Show
  • blocks/machines - almost all of them
  • blocks/smeltery - base and controller
  • items/tools/ - axe and battleaxe

Changelog

05.02.16: Done a couple of animation and other machines, one more tool
4.2.16: Initial release
Last edited by Maxiride on 05 Feb 2016, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
175 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2016, 11:34

What are you actually working on? As far as I know, this mod uses textures from both Thermal Expansion and Tinkers Construct. Both of these mods are already textured. Therefore you would just need to install both of the existing patches and you're good to go because Thermal Smeltery only adds recipes but no blocks or items.
24 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2016, 13:06

Pesti wrote:
What are you actually working on? As far as I know, this mod uses textures from both Thermal Expansion and Tinkers Construct. Both of these mods are already textured. Therefore you would just need to install both of the existing patches and you're good to go because Thermal Smeltery only adds recipes but no blocks or items.
You're right up to the v1.0.1, since then a couple of stuff has been added like -but not limited to-:
  • A block which allows you to separate again alloys (eg. Aluminum Brass back to Copper and Aluminum)
  • A block which acts as the casting table to directly forge molten ore into ingots
  • A RF smeltery
  • others
These blocks are still in development however, they exist and are coded but not yet all available in-game.

A snippet from the curse page:
I don't want this icky extra stuff! I just wanna convert the smeltery recipes to the Magma Crucible!
I recommend that you download Thermal Smeltery version 1.0.1. That version adds literally nothing but the Smeltery recipes to the TE Magma Crucible.
175 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2016, 15:06

Ok, thanks for the info! I wasn't aware of the recent changes.
24 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2016, 17:04

So, eventually I found some psd around here and learnt a bit from them.
Meanwhile I did another block, this time animated! I just have to fix a little glitch at the end because the right gear makes a little unwanted movement and then maybe reduce the number of framse 'cause now it's 100 to make it that smooth.

Always feedback welcome.