Forums - Seeking permission for use of 1 BDcraft icon : BDcraft Goodies

It is currently 25 Jan 2017, 01:30 (All times are UTC )

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 20:15 
Greetings, please forgive me if this isn't the proper forum. I'm writing a small windows program for Minecraft. I may or may not distribute the program, but, if I do, it will be free for the Minecraft community.

The Command Block icon located at http://bdcraft.net/minecraft-icons is exactly what I'm looking for to represent my application. I would like to use the .ICO as my applications icon and the .PNG as an image in the application.

Looking over the FAQ, I do not see anything explicitly forbidding me from doing this. ...and from the looks of it, it seems as long as I include mention of BDcraft and link to BDcraft.net I wouldn't upset anyone, however, I do not wish to publish (if I publish) based on an assumption.

Would it be all right if I used the .ico and .png in/for my app? There is no money involved on my end so I can't offer any "cuts" of any proceeds, but a nice shout out and link within the application, and copy of the program for the "content owner" are on offer.

Either way, thank you for the time to read and answer.

TonyZ

Advertisement
Login to not show this ad

BDcraft Lead Moderator

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 17:02 
As long as you don't sell your product and give credit to http://bdcraft.net you can use textures/icons for your projects.

BDcraft Lead Moderator