[Idea] Allow op's to edit posts on their thread

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
Patch Creator
262 Posts

Post 04 Sep 2013, 08:17

First thoughts ...
I think we need more forum moderators. Not that HanFox and Aedaeum are not doing great work, they are! But I think that we could ease out their work by editing our threads like we were moderators.
The things this would allow us - thread owners
- This would allow us to remove spam posts, edit posts that aren't formulated nicely, and anything that could make our thread look better and without spam. This should ONLY work for the threads WE made, so we wouldn't be moderators fully, just partially!
Drawbacks ...
- Now, there are some drawbacks though... This could become really overpowered rather quickly and some could use this in their advantage but I don't think people are cruel like that. And since one could only edit his thread I think that this wouldn't be that overpowered.
Now tell me what you think ...
- What do you think? I would like to hear other peoples thoughts about this. I think that this could work rather nicely. I would like to thank for any thoughts you post in advance! ;)
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 04 Sep 2013, 19:23

If this would be implemented at all, it should be only a select few people, who have actually proven themselves as artists on this site or have proven their integrity. Everyone being able to manage their own threads creates too much potential for me and HanFox to have even more work, making sure people aren't just deleting user comments or changing what others have said, for the sake of doing it.

That being said, I do like this idea for a select few of "trusted" members. We'll see what sphax thinks, as well as if the permissions system would even allow for such a specialized permission set.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 04 Sep 2013, 19:57

At first I thought it was a good idea, but then I couldn't actually see any useful reason for it.

Any trusted members would be moderators anyway. They're the ones trusted to edit/delete/move posts and too many moderators just make a mess. Especially on a small forum.

There's nothing beneficial for a user to be able to edit or delete posts in their thread because as it's their thread they're going to be biased about it and could very easily take offence to any negative remarks. Of course there's nothing good that can come of allowing someone to split/move posts either because they may see it as a way to not have to help people who have issues with their patches.

If you have any need to "moderate" your thread (or any other thread for that matter) use the report button Image. This is exactly what it is for after all.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 04 Sep 2013, 20:01

I have to concur with HanFox on this one.
Patch Creator
262 Posts

Post 05 Sep 2013, 19:48

Ok, I wanted so hear other peoples opinions, and Han, I think I'll have to agree with your point. Anyways thanks for replying! :)