BDCraft Sounds Pack

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
3 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2014, 02:42

I couldn't find anything in search, and I'm pretty sure this is the proper area to post this on.
I'm an avid user of Hexxit, as well as the BDCraft textures for that modpack.

I spent a good portion of yesterday trying to find the proper instructions on how to make that pack work for Hexxit since it's stuck on 1.5.2. I'm NOT requesting for any new sounds to be made, I'm just curious if anyone could make the current sounds pack compatible with Hexxit. Everything I tried just had the new sounds overwritten, even with the sound pack enables installed.

If there's a way to do this without editing it, I'm all ears as well. I've gotten frustrated trying to figure it out, aha. Also, if there's sounds in the sound pack that just straight up won't work with Hexxit (I.E. The villagers, since they don't make noises in Hexxit yet.) I'm okay with leaving those out.

The pack link is:
https://bdcraft.net/bdcraft-sounds-pack

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this wasn't the right place to put this request, it seemed the most suitable!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2014, 09:37 

*moved to Help Center*

Custom sounds don't work in MC1.5.2. They were added in MC1.6 and if you try to overwrite them without using a mod designed to do it Minecraft just reverts them back to default.

You'll need to see if you can find a mod that allows for the changing of sounds. Pretty sure some exist.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2014, 09:43

Yeah, I've tried a few. None of them seem to work so far, unfortunately. I could only find two, one of them was discontinued, and I can't get the auditore one to work.
123 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2014, 10:41

Well...
If anything fails... you could try to switch the sounds directly in the jar...
3 Posts

Post 27 Jul 2014, 02:22

I really don't have a clue how to do that. Hexxit has a different layout in it's roaming folder then vanilla Minecraft. I got Auditore hooked up, but I don't know what files to put into it.