[Bug] Weird effect when Swords @ Low Durability

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
2 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 16:20

I checked the other buggy sword thread which dealt with the 3d models looking weird in 3rd person. This bug is different - whenever any of my swords are low on durability, they look glitchy and strange, as if some of the model or texture is suddenly missing. The other tools degrade well (the pickaxes get blunt and axes look worn out, etc).

I am playing Minecraft 1.8.3, not patched, no mods. I am using Pure BDCraft x128 (I have also tried x64 and it does the same thing). Here is a screenshot of the diamond sword (the stone, iron and gold swords all do similar things):

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 23:05

wyndbalduram wrote:
I checked the other buggy sword thread which dealt with the 3d models looking weird in 3rd person. This bug is different - whenever any of my swords are low on durability, they look glitchy and strange, as if some of the model or texture is suddenly missing. The other tools degrade well (the pickaxes get blunt and axes look worn out, etc).

I am playing Minecraft 1.8.3, not patched, no mods. I am using Pure BDCraft x128 (I have also tried x64 and it does the same thing). Here is a screenshot of the diamond sword (the stone, iron and gold swords all do similar things):

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
It could be a combination of Optifine's item durability patch and the 3D model for swords in PureBDcraft.

If you are using the 3D items patch try disabling it and see what happens.

If it fixes the glitch but you still want to use the 3D pack you'll have to open the PureBDcraft resource pack .ZIP files and manually remove the folder called "cit".
Path: \assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\cit\
-- Mickey Joe, out!
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 23:21

MushirMickeyJoe wrote:
Do you mean MCPatcher? I can't replicate this with Optifine and can't see any options to turn damaged items on.

It is likely a "bug" with models and the damage cit files as MC is probably still trying to apply the cit damage textures to the 3D model and they're not set up for it.

So, for now, the choice is either using the damaged items when patching with MCPatcher or using 3D models until/if Sphax supplies models for the cit variations (it'd arguably not be hard to do so if all you did was change it so the models had damage to their blades?).

EDIT: With MCPatcher installed I copied a 3D model item over the cit variation and it rendered correctly in game. Either the cit textures will need support in the 3D Model patch or you just won't be able to use the 3D model patch with MCPatcher when using the damaged items patch.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 23:22

HanFox wrote:
MushirMickeyJoe wrote:
Do you mean MCPatcher? I can't replicate this with Optifine and can't see any options to turn damaged items on.

It is likely a "bug" with models and the damage cit files as MC is probably still trying to apply the cit damage textures to the 3D model and they're not set up for it.

So, for now, the choice is either using the damaged items when patching with MCPatcher or using 3D models until/if Sphax supplies models for the cit variations (it'd arguably not be hard to do so if all you did was change it so the models had damage to their blades?).

EDIT: With MCPatcher installed I copied a 3D model item over the cit variation and it rendered correctly in game. Either the cit textures will need support in the 3D Model patch or you just won't be able to use the 3D model patch with MCPatcher when using the damaged items patch.
I use neither Optifine nor McPatcher so you're probably right. :P
-- Mickey Joe, out!
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 26 Apr 2015, 15:24 

MCPatcher cit files are not compatible with PureBDcraft 3D Addons.

Cit files will be deleted in future versions of PureBDcraft and the feature of broke items will be officially replaced by custom 3D Models when Minecraft 1.9 will be released. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 26 Apr 2015, 15:58

Awesome. Thank you for the help. Sorry if the info Sphax just posted is elsewhere and I was too lazy to track it down. I'm glad it wasn't my game though. I will not use the cit files.