To the resourcepack makers!

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
4 Posts

Post 13 Nov 2013, 23:59

Guys, I'm making a custom version that im having some sliiight problems with....can I make multiple textures for ITEMS (eg; swords, axes, etc) If so, HOW! ive been searching for a LONG time how to do this. Once more, do I need mcpatcher/optifine to see those multiple textures??

PLZZZ HELP ME ON DIS :(

I plan on posting this custom version, and I WILL GIVE CREDIT TO SPHAX!

with that said, HELP!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 14 Nov 2013, 08:33

If you go to the MCPatcher thread scroll down to "Information for Texture Pack Authors" and open the second spoiler and scroll to "Custom Item Textures" that's basically the closest you can get to multiple random item textures.

I do not think Optifine has support for it though.

Also, in regards to releasing a custom pack you'll either need to release it as a patch for the main pack or you'll need to change everything single texture as it is against the License to redistribute any of the vanilla BDcraft textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 14 Nov 2013, 19:05

Ok, so I will post (i dont know how to do that yet) it as a Patch for.....what? thanks for the multiple item textures though, I appreciate it!

-- 14 Nov 2013, 08:38 --

Ok, heres what Mcpatcher said:

Show
Custom Item Textures (sample cit.properties, sample cit_single.properties)
What CTM does for terrain, CIT does for items. Customize item appearance by damage value, stack size, and NBT data. Create different effects for different enchantments.

All files related to CIT are in the ~/cit folder. Like CTM, files can be further organized into subfolders. An optional cit.properties file specifies global behavior of CIT, particularly with how multiple custom enchantment effects are handled.

The bulk of CIT behavior is defined in multiple properties files within the ~/cit folder. Each properties file lists a type (item, enchantment, armor); some criteria for when the replacement should happen based on item ID, damage, etc.; and one or more replacement textures. If multiple files match the same item, the one with the highest weight property takes priority.
type=<item | enchantment | armor>
items=<item IDs>
damage=<damage values>
stackSize=<stack sizes>
enchantmentIDs=<list of enchantment IDs>
enchantmentLevels=<list of enchantment levels>
nbt.<expression>=<NBT value>
weight=<priority relative to other CIT files>
texture=<replacement texture>
(Most of these properties are optional.)

CIT type=item defines a simple texture replacement. The game uses a custom texture instead instead of the default one in textures/items. Replacement textures can be animated using Mojang's .mcmeta format. For items with more than one texture (bows, potions, spawner eggs), specify all the replacement textures in a single properties file:
# Wrong - will show the same texture when the bow is pulled back
texture=my_special_bow_standby
# Correct - separate textures for each bow state
texture.bow_standby=my_special_bow_standby
texture.bow_pulling_0=my_special_bow_pulling_0
texture.bow_pulling_1=my_special_bow_pulling_1
texture.bow_pulling_2=my_special_bow_pulling_2

CIT type=enchantment replaces the default glint effect. Different enchantments can be given different textures based on enchantment type or level or both. If an item has multiple enchantments, the effects can be blended together or cycled. If no custom enchantment is found for an enchanted item, the default enchanted_item_glint.png is used. This can be disabled by setting useGlint=false in the global cit.properties file.

CIT type=armor replaces the armor texture shown in third-person view and on other players. Each armor type has two textures except for leather which has four. Use the same syntax as with the bow example to replace multiple textures:
# Diamond
texture.diamond_layer_1=...
texture.diamond_layer_2=...
# Leather
texture.leather_layer_1=...
texture.leather_layer_1_overlay=...
texture.leather_layer_2=...
texture.leather_layer_2_overlay=...

There is an alternate method for replacement textures for potions. Rather than dealing with the complexities of damage values for potion types, there is a simpler filename-based method you can use instead. No properties files are needed to use this method, only a png file with the proper path. See the section at the bottom of the template cit_single.properties file for details.

Now, what does all this MEAN!!! I hate to have to make you clarify, but thats your job! Im new at this! I went into the CTM folder, and found nothing related to cit.....?.... :-x
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 14 Nov 2013, 19:09

If you do not plan to retexture the whole pack (which seems a little redundant anyway and quite honestly may throw up issues of breaching the license by replication / IP "theft") and just add multi-items you'd need to make an texture patch along the lines of "StealthJ's Custom Items" and post it in the WIP section.

As for the MCPatcher Custom Items stuff I can't tell you how to use it any better than it says itself. It has examples, if you don't understand the actual documentation by the person who made the "mod" an explanation by anyone else is unlikely to really help.

You won't find any in the texturepack because Sphax hasn't used them yet. Which I'm glad about because it's wasted effort when about 50% (or quite likely more) of people either use Optifine or just the normal renderer which don't support Custom Items.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 14 Nov 2013, 20:20

ok, thanks!!