Copyright.

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
5 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 12:39

Hello I'm making a texture/resource pack and I would like a admin or someone to review my pack to see if theres anything that looks like its copied and say what it is. etc like say dirt looks to close to sphax so just list it or something in a comment.

Because I don't want my texture pack that have been working really hard on for 7 months now to be taken down due to copyright. My pack is called *** its on ***

Thanks!
- tylertyza
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 13:35

It's a bit of a grey area as you've obviously just over-simplified Sphax's textures. Some may say it falls close to the part of the Terms of Use that says you can't alter the pack and then redistribute that.

I'll get Sphax to give his official word though.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
5 Posts

Post 21 Apr 2015, 08:54

Thanks for the feed back but I haven't tried to copy Sphax's textures I have tried to bass it off default but a lot more simple and a bit cartoony. I just really want my texture pack to be released without any problems.

Thanks anyway hope to see what Sphax has to say.

-- edit --

And also I came to the BDcraft form because people were telling me it was a dumbed down version of Sphax etc. So I didn't bass my texture pack off Sphax's. As I said it was based of o0f default.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 21 Apr 2015, 10:21

Indeed, I don't doubt that after sleeping on it -_-! I actually had to look back at the default textures to even remember what they look like and of course everyone's stuff may very well look similar considering it's all based off of default.

Sphax has been accused of copying Dokucraft before (and admitted he took inspiration) and there's a pack called Chroma Hills that has some similarities to PureBD.

It'd still be good for Sphax to reply though just so you can link to this thread and give his side of it then you can show others when they accuse you :)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
5 Posts

Post 21 Apr 2015, 11:57

:) Thanks <3
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 22 Apr 2015, 13:17

Advertising for other ResourcePacks is not authorized on BDcraft.net.

Also, some of your textures looks like to be based on PureBDcraft and it's against the license (no remix packs allowed + no modify/reproduce/remix/alter/decompile PureBDcraft).
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
5 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2015, 10:27

Sphax wrote:

Also, some of your textures looks like to be based on PureBDcraft and it's against the license (no remix packs allowed + no modify/reproduce/remix/alter/decompile PureBDcraft).
Hey Sphax sorry I wasn't trying to advertise. But can you tell me the textures that look to be based on PureBDcraft so I can change them.

Thanks so much :)
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 09:15

tylertyza wrote:
Sphax wrote:

Hey Sphax sorry I wasn't trying to advertise. But can you tell me the textures that look to be based on PureBDcraft so I can change them.

Thanks so much :)

Some textures that are similar. Hope it helps!
-- Mickey Joe, out!
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 09:20

Thanks MickeyJoe.

That's obvious that you have modified PureBDcraft textures... Which is against the terms of use.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
5 Posts

Post 25 Apr 2015, 10:07

yeah them textures were me being lazy xD but I'll change them asap