Invisible items for both vanilla Minecraft and mods

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
12 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 00:12

I'm not to sure if I'm posting in the correct section, but I figured I'd go with my best guess.

Anyway... I have about 50+ mods installed for my modpack (all work correctly as I had the MCProhosting team configure them properly for me) and have never had an issue with adding the Sphax texture packs up until today when I decided to upgrade all my textures from 64x to 128x (my computer is capable of handling it). Nothing is bugged out and flickering, but rather completely invisible. Some mods in the creative tab have icons, while others do not -- even the vanilla Minecraft times are missing a vast amount of textures. I've tried changing the order of each texture pack, still keeping the vanilla Minecraft one at the top, but to no avail.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and if you're in need of more information, I'd be happy to provide.

Thanks.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 00:53 

Not many people can do modded Minecraft at 128x any more.

If you're missing textures like that it's likely a VideoRAM issue.

You can try to update Java and your graphics drivers and you may want to make sure Optifine (if you're using it) is up-to-date.

If that doesn't work you might just have to do a hybrid resourcepack where you have blocks at 128x and items at 64x or go back to 64x entirely.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
12 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 00:59

I used to have Optifine, but for some reason it started giving me conflicts and made my game crash whenever I tried to start up a single player world. I figured it might be the new 128x textures, so I moved them out of the folder temporarily, so I guess the problem was Optifine.

If I end up having to do the hybrid, am I able to tell which I should downgrade?
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 01:12

What do you mean "tell"? You can choose to downgrade whatever you like.
12 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 01:18

Ah, my bad, disregard that. I was thinking that it was a problem with certain textures, but never mind.

So... basically, it's a matter of RAM being overloaded with the numerous 128x texture packs that it ceases to display?

I updated Java, but still no change... I don't understand why my computer may not be able to handle it. I usually get an average of 150+ FPS whilst playing with the modpack. Oh well.

Thanks for the response!
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2015, 01:24

Because Minecraft is terrible, that's why. Java isn't made for highly graphical programs.

Also, I said VideoRAM i.e. the memory on your graphics card. Generally blank/black/white textures are usually when they get pushed out of video memory. If it were filling your system RAM the game would likely either crash or just not try to load the textures at all.
12 Posts

Post 22 Apr 2015, 00:15

Thanks, again. I guess I'll just do the hybrid like you said and see what happens. :)