Minecraft 1.8 with PureBDCraft x512 - Memory issue

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
3 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 14:40

Hello there,

I just updated to minecraft 1.8 and I wanted to put PureBDCraft x512 in it.
When I select the pack it takes very long to load the pack and when it's done it starts saying error:

Code: Select all

[14:55:07] [color=#FF0000][Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[14:55:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
[14:55:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1285: Out of memory[/color]
Here is the complete log using MultiMC: https://pastebin.com/BRsGwdqb

I tried both with Optifine and without, even the main menu title animation is lagging bad, and if I enter a world it has 0 fps.. I tried both with Java 1.7 and 1.8, I have allocated 10GB+ and it is still saying out of memory..

I also have tried to use 1GB of Permgen.

My computer is a Windows 8.1 x64 with CPU Intel i7 3.50GHz, 16GB RAM, and my graphic card is an NVIDIA Geforce GTX670, it should handle the x512 pack correctly as it did in the previous versions of minecraft and PureBDCraft.

How can I solve this issue and get the pack working?
Thanks
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 14:52

As has been stated a lot of times on the forum already 512x for MC1.8 needs A LOT of RAM due to Minecraft having optimization issues.

If you can't give any more RAM you'll need to use lower resolution textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 15:08

HanFox wrote:
As has been stated a lot of times on the forum already 512x for MC1.8 needs A LOT of RAM due to Minecraft having optimization issues.

If you can't give any more RAM you'll need to use lower resolution textures.
I have tried with 13312MB is it not enough? o.O

This are my java arguments:

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC, -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode, -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy, -Xmn512M, -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M, -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true, -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true, -XX:UseSSE=4, -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection, -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2, -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC, -XX:+DisableExplicitGC, -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode, -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing, -XX:+UseCompressedOops, -XX:+AggressiveOpts, -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true, -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true, -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump, -Xms10240m, -Xmx10240m, -XX:PermSize=512m, -Duser.language=en

anyway without Optifine it won't even start.. this is the error I get:

[15:55:08] [Client thread/INFO]: Caught error stitching, removing all assigned resourcepacks
ctz: Unable to fit: minecraft:items/gold_nugget - size: 512x512 - Maybe try a lowerresolution resourcepack?
	at ctw.c(SourceFile:60) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cua.b(SourceFile:197) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cua.a(SourceFile:77) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cxh.j(SourceFile:553) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cxh.a(SourceFile:139) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cxk.a(SourceFile:23) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cvt.c(SourceFile:104) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at cvt.a(SourceFile:92) ~[1.8.jar:?]
	at bsu.e(SourceFile:641) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bzx.a(SourceFile:161) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bxf.a(SourceFile:342) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bzx.a(SourceFile:169) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bxf.k(SourceFile:405) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bzx.k(SourceFile:74) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bxf.p(SourceFile:382) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bsu.r(SourceFile:1473) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bsu.as(SourceFile:877) [1.8.jar:?]
	at bsu.a(SourceFile:314) [1.8.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:120) [1.8.jar:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
	at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:286) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
	at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:376) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
	at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:165) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
	at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
-- 23 Nov 2014, 16:08 --

I bet I'm doing something wrong it even these args are not working o.O

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC, -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode, -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy, -Xmn4096M, -XX:MaxPermSize=4096m, -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true, -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true, -XX:UseSSE=4, -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection, -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2, -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC, -XX:+DisableExplicitGC, -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode, -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing, -XX:+UseCompressedOops, -XX:+AggressiveOpts, -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump, -Xms10240m, -Xmx16000m, -XX:PermSize=4096m
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 15:13 

I missed the bit where you said it does load with Optifine... that may be a VRAM issue (the memory on your graphics) or Optifine may just be buggy, too as it's still in beta. There's no way around running out of VRAM though.

It likely still comes from badly optimized MC... there's no way around it really. You can throw different Java switches at it all day, but you'll just have to use lower resolution textures until Mojang fix their crappy optimization for high res textures.
3 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 15:16

So basically the x512 pack doesn't work for anybody? I bet this only works with 32GB RAM.. or an extreme video card? Because I thought I was fine with 16GB RAM and the GTX670 :-/
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 17:41

It works for some people.

I think it was pinned down to about 16GB of RAM, 4GB of VRAM and Linux as the OS though :P