Modded Spahx Packs Problems

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
5 Posts

Post 07 Mar 2018, 10:38

Hello. I have a problem with using modded Sphax packs. When I activate a Sphax Mod patch/pack I wait for the modpack to load it in and then it reverts to vanilla upon completion. However the customised menu loses it's textures (black and pink tiles).

I have tried increasing the allocated RAM from 7GB - 10GB but the problem persists. I have 16GB in total (12GB available). I also have 4GB of VRAM. The texture pack I recently tested was DireWolf20 1.12 in both 126x and the 64x varients along with the standard Sphax pack. I have also tried installing by placing all the assets in to one pack with WINRAR instead of layering the packs in game but that doesn't seem to have changed anything. 64x Sphax with mod patches always worked before I upgraded my memory and graphics card so I'm confused. The standard pack works fine on 256x on vanilla Minecraft but it's just mod support. I'm not sure whether it's a certain patch within the assets or it's my computer? I run my Modpacks off the Twitch App/Curse.

I'm kind of stuck. I love Sphax and I wish to use it on my favourite mods but it never seems to work for me anymore? Any help really appreciated.

Specs:
16GB Ram
1050Ti 4GB
i5 - 6400
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 07 Mar 2018, 13:17

Pink/black textures generally indicates broken/missing files.

You'll need to post your clients log. Either the output from the logger window or the log from the logs folder of the modpack.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
5 Posts

Post 07 Mar 2018, 18:50

HanFox wrote:
Pink/black textures generally indicates broken/missing files.

You'll need to post your clients log. Either the output from the logger window or the log from the logs folder of the modpack.
Hello. Thanks for the reply. I quickly went through the situation again to generate a newest log. I've attached it to this text. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 08 Mar 2018, 08:49

Your log simply states that your video card can't "fit" the texture atlas. If 64x has the same error in the log you'll need to use 32x...
[17:28:16] [main/INFO]: Unable to fit: tconstruct:items/pickaxe/mod_fortified_ardite - size: 128x128 - Maybe try a lowerresolution resourcepack?
I am a little confused however, as Minecraft doesn't even seem to be trying to use the maximum atlas size your graphics card can handle.

As for the main menu going pink it does seem to have issues finding the texture towards the end, but that may be because it's trying to load it after the resources have been dumped due to not fitting. That may be down to a bad mod? Does the menu ever load correctly?
5 Posts

Post 08 Mar 2018, 20:10

Thanks HanFox. I did re-attempt a 64x modded Sphax pack along with the base 128x again and it seemed to work. Suppose it was just a problem with my video memory then.

The DireWolf20 1.12 pack reaches the customised main menu correctly. It's only when I try to load both the modded and base Sphax patches at 128x. The game reverts to vanilla and once I go back to the main menu it's all pink & black tiles. That's all before I've even launched a world.
I am a little confused however, as Minecraft doesn't even seem to be trying to use the maximum atlas size your graphics card can handle.
I'm not to advanced with the in depth specifications of my GPU but it's defiantly a 1050Ti as I installed it myself after purchasing from amazon! :)

To be more specific, it's the MSI GTX 1050Ti Gaming X 4GB variant.

Not sure what else to do. Since I've somehow got the 64x modded patch working along side the base Sphax 128x texture packs I'm not too fussy (anything above 32x for Sphax is great)! I just expected a bit more from my machine. Maybe a simple hardware upgrade will fix the problem. :)
Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 08 Mar 2018, 20:39

HanFox wrote:
How can you tell? AFAIK, it doesn't show the atlas size as it grows, only when it successfully completes the atlas. Thus, the 4096x4096 atlas size shown in the log would be for default (mostly 16x) textures, meaning that an 8192x8192 atlas would probably be required for 32x textures, 16384x16384 for 64x textures, and 32768x32768 for 128x textures. A gtx 10 series card like the OP has should theoretically be able to handle an atlas that size, but only with the help of Optifine.
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 09 Mar 2018, 09:35 

MauveCloud wrote:
HanFox wrote:
How can you tell? AFAIK, it doesn't show the atlas size as it grows, only when it successfully completes the atlas. Thus, the 4096x4096 atlas size shown in the log would be for default (mostly 16x) textures, meaning that an 8192x8192 atlas would probably be required for 32x textures, 16384x16384 for 64x textures, and 32768x32768 for 128x textures. A gtx 10 series card like the OP has should theoretically be able to handle an atlas that size, but only with the help of Optifine.
Evidently I just expected to see the higher numbers. I'm sure I've seen 16k on my card (AMD 290X) even when it's failed whilst testing 512x, but I could be wrong. Also I wasn't aware it was Optifine that "exposed" the 32k capabilities considering I'd expect LWJGL would be capable of checking the max texture size for the main game. Then again Mojang coding the check in an odd way wouldn't surprise me.

Well, either way, DerpyWerpy appears to have reached a balance he's happy with.

Maybe with Optifine he can get full 128x, but Novamanga has stated numerous times certain mods really don't like Optifine any more.