Not enough RAM or something wrong?

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
13 Posts

Post 04 Sep 2015, 18:33

Hi guy's, i recently started playing a new modpack that has over 200 mods so i have downloaded all of the mod patches for it. After I add so many it seems to just revert back to default textures so i've tried taking out some and i can get most of the textures in but have to miss off a few big mods for the textures to load. I'd ideally like to be able to have every mod textured the same.
I searched the forum and read that this may be a RAM issue so i dedicated 16gb of ram to minecraft (I have 32gb total) and I got a RAM monitor. The RAM usage seems to go up to about 16GB but at Idle my computer is using 2gb so that must mean minecraft is only using about 14gb right!?

I'm using the technic laucnher and it doesnt seem to allow me to allocate more than 16gb, is that because minecraft cannot use more than 16gb?

I'm assuming either it is still a RAM issue and i need to find a way to allocate more than the max of 16gb technic will allow but just thought i'd ask incase any of you lovely people know the answer.

Please let me know if you know what the problem is or even just if you have any ideas i can try.
Image Image
BDcraft Web Admin
6620 Posts

Post 04 Sep 2015, 18:55 

If it reverts back it's a RAM issue.

Try lower resolution textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin