[Bug] Strange german letter "ß"

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
1 Post

Post 23 Jan 2014, 15:43

I am using Sphax and i just love it BUT there is an issue i encountered a while ago but thought a new release could fix it. Well it didn't. I am german which means that i have to use some letters that may or may not be new to you like: "Ä" "Ü" "Ö" or "ß". The first three letters work without any kind of problems but the last one is displayed as "♂". I am using Optifine but even removing Optifine didn't have any effect on this bug. I would be glad if this got fixed or if somebody who has this bug, too knows how to fix it.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 23 Jan 2014, 18:10

You have 2 choices.

You can either go in to the pack and extract /assets/minecraft/textures/font/ascii.png open it in an image editor and edit the character which is on the top line, or you can just delete the file from the resourcepack altogether until Sphax fixes it.

Not sure why those symbols are there. Might be a throwback from older Minecraft versions?
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
175 Posts

Post 24 Jan 2014, 08:22

I can confirm this issue. But in some older versions the "ß" simply wasn't textured so it looked like a different font. But we need this letter for words like "big" and it looks ridiculous to say the least.
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 24 Jan 2014, 08:25 

I'll fix that for next update ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 24 Jan 2014, 12:22

Sphax, might be worth asking on Twitter for people to check other special characters. Make sure no other ones are weird ;)

Not that I'm sure what's left after the ones already covered here and what you use in French :P
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 24 Jan 2014, 17:32

I'm not playing Minecraft in French ^^
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?