How can I use Sphax for Dynmap?

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 24 Jul 2013, 22:06

I love the textures and so do my players, so I wanted to use them with Dynmap. I know anything past 32x32 doesn't offer much better looks in Dynmap, but I have extra memory on my server so I am going to use 128x128.

I am on 1.6.2 and running Spigot, Dynmap is working, I just want some snazzy looking textures.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 24 Jul 2013, 22:27 

You'll be hard pressed to use 128x because Dynmap isn't very good at rendering it. You could have memory coming out of the wazoo, but Dynmap just takes an age to render all the maps.

At a stretch, for the map, you'd not really want to go past 32x as you rightly concluded. To be honest, 16x looks fine on dynmap too as you rarely need to zoom in that far.

Anyway, to use it you just need to add this to custom-shaders.txt in the dynmap folder:

Code: Select all

shaders:
  - class: org.dynmap.hdmap.TexturePackHDShader
    name: purebdcraft
    texturepack: purebdcraft
    biomeshaded: true
    better-grass: false
You then make a purebdcraft folder in the texturepacks folder.

After that you have to unpack base texturepack and then the mod patches.

Be aware that Dynmap won't magically render every mod's blocks. It requires special renderdata to understand it all.

Note: This was all correct as of Dynmap for MC1.5. If it doesn't work for MC1.6 you may need to crawl through the wiki documents for Dynmap.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 24 Jul 2013, 23:12

It's recommended to use PureBDcraft 16x or 32x maximum for Dynmap. It's a waste of server resources to use better resolutions honestly for this kind of usage. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 24 Jul 2013, 23:22

32x32 it is then! I didn't know it would take longer to render, I just thought it would use more memory, good to know.

Thanks for the info about some mods needing special rendering Han, we are on pure vanilla for now, although its good to know if we want it modded in the future.