Alternate double tall grass texture

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
3 Posts

Post 19 Jun 2015, 08:55

Hey everyone!

First of all, let me thank the author(s) of PureBDCraft and VanillaBDCraft. Those packs are amazing and they have a very special place in my heart!

As always, everybody being a critic, I wanted to talk about the tall grass and double tall grass.
In the past, I really liked the tall grass texture which looked like Lisa Simpson's hair. I thought it perfectly fit the cartoony theme.
When double tall grass came to Minecraft, the grass was changed in Sphax to the current texture, which I'm not very fond of.

So I've at last decided to draw a double tall grass texture that would be compatible with yer old 'Lisa Simpson' tall grass.

Image Image Image

Image Image

I'm uploading it so that you can give me your feedback. For now I've only made it in 128x because that's the resolution I'm using, but of course I can redo it in 256x if need be.

Maybe those alternate grass textures could be added to the pack in the "blocks_alt_static" folder? But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's see your feedback first. ;)

Thanks again, Sphax! You're the best! :3
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 19 Jun 2015, 21:35

Haha, that looks awesome!
-- Mickey Joe, out!
3 Posts

Post 25 Aug 2015, 16:54

I was hoping for a little bit more enthusiasm from the community, but oh well! :/
Thanks for the compliment anyway MushirMickeyJoe. I also love VanillaBDCraft and I use it often. :3

If anyone is interested in my texture, I hereby give my permission to anybody to use it in any way. :)
Got Grungey First
385 Posts

Post 26 Aug 2015, 10:53

I made a 512x version: Show
ImageImage
Full preview: Image

For what it's worth, I kinda like this version, and think it should be included in the blocks_alt1 (blocks_alt_static's only for static versions of animations) :)
3 Posts

Post 27 Aug 2015, 09:59

Wow! Incredible work, EskiMojo14!
Thanks a lot! :)