3D Blocks and Items (Ideas)

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
29 Posts

Post 15 Mar 2015, 17:45

First off, I would like to thank Sphax for creating something to make PureBDCraft more beautiful and success than it already is. Now, I would like the items and blocks to come in 512x resolution and lower. I don't know how Cubik works, or if it's even possible. And I also do not know if you can just downsize the resolution in Cubik, or if you need to create the model over again.

Now here are some ideas for more 3D Blocks and Items.

BLOCKS
Trees - Possibly make the logs round like you did with the cactus.
Sea Lanterns - Make the dark edges of the block stick out a bit more.
Vines
Flowers (All of them)

ITEMS
Redstone - When placed, 3D redstone would be awesome
Armour (Including Horse)
Arrow - If it's not 3D already.
Clock - Make the sides of it 3D so it adds some depth.

Thank you for reading this! Have a nice day! :)
"Doesn't matter where you go in life, as long as you succeed and achieve your life goal"
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2015, 01:42

Since there are no replies yet I'll try to go over a couple of things for you. :P

First off, download the 3D item patches and try them with lower resolution packs! I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the one patch that is avaliable on the BDcraft downloads page will work with all resolutions. :)
Just put it on your resource packs folder, go into your Minecraft and turn it on TOGETHER with your normal copy of PureBDcraft (can be any resolution).
I hope it works!

Now for your 3D model ideas, as I am not Sphax I can't add them to the pack, but I just thought I'd inform you on a couple of things. :P

Minecraft only supports 3D models for items and blocks; now, your idea was to make armor and arrows 3D but in the game's code, they count as entities - Minecraft doesn't have support for custom entity models (yet) unfortunately.
So even of Sphax wanted to, he'd never be able to.

And for the flowers: Sphax mentioned on Twitter that he'd never make the flowers 3D as it would remove the 'comic' feel of the pack; which I would have to agree on.

I hope this clarifies a few things. :)
-- Mickey Joe, out!
29 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2015, 02:52

MushirMickeyJoe wrote:
Since there are no replies yet I'll try to go over a couple of things for you. :P

First off, download the 3D item patches and try them with lower resolution packs! I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the one patch that is avaliable on the BDcraft downloads page will work with all resolutions. :)
Just put it on your resource packs folder, go into your Minecraft and turn it on TOGETHER with your normal copy of PureBDcraft (can be any resolution).
I hope it works!

Now for your 3D model ideas, as I am not Sphax I can't add them to the pack, but I just thought I'd inform you on a couple of things. :P

Minecraft only supports 3D models for items and blocks; now, your idea was to make armor and arrows 3D but in the game's code, they count as entities - Minecraft doesn't have support for custom entity models (yet) unfortunately.

And for the flowers: Sphax mentioned on Twitter that he'd never make the flowers 3D as it would remove the 'comic' feel of the pack; which I would have to agree on.

Thanks! And I must admit, when writing about that flowers part I was thinking the exact same thing; that it would remove what makes PureBDCraft, well, PureBDCraft. But on Sphax's twitter I've seen him retweet images about certain people/YouTubers with 3D Armor and stuff. It may be a mod, but I thought he retweeted it because the models were made with Cubik.
"Doesn't matter where you go in life, as long as you succeed and achieve your life goal"
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2015, 10:57

JastyGaming wrote:
BLOCKS
Vines
Flowers (All of them)

ITEMS
Armour (Including Horse)
  • Trees: The log blocks are not "transparent" in game. That means, nobody can make them round because of hardcoded properties which make the floor (or walls or roof) to not show their face if a log block is aside - making a hole in world
  • Sea Lanterns: It could be possible but the lanterns have a spike in corners which can't be made in 3D (because the block do not support transparent textures, again because of hardcoded property). That means making it 3D would remove that spike which makes the texture looks cool
  • Vines: Vines are very curly in PureBDcraft. It's impossible to make it 3D. However, I could try to give them some sort of volume with rotated planes.
  • Flowers: It would destroy the "comic" feel of PureBDcraft. They will always be better in 2D. ;)
  • Redstone: It's planned to have a new 3D Addon to transform all the Redstone blocks in 3D models. The Addon should be loved by Redstone Creators. Not yet started however.
  • Armour: Not possible yet
  • Arrow: Not possible yet
  • Clock: There's a bug in Minecraft which prevent custom 3D models for Clocks and Compass...
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
9 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2015, 19:32

What happened to the 3D items/block pack downloads?

-- edit --

Found it! no worries... D:
Was slain by pig
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2015, 20:10

JastyGaming wrote:
MushirMickeyJoe wrote:

I hope it works!

Thanks! And I must admit, when writing about that flowers part I was thinking the exact same thing; that it would remove what makes PureBDCraft, well, PureBDCraft. But on Sphax's twitter I've seen him retweet images about certain people/YouTubers with 3D Armor and stuff. It may be a mod, but I thought he retweeted it because the models were made with Cubik.
The 3D helmets are done by making custom models for blocks (to make them look like helmets) and then putting them on your head using commands - doesn't actually give armor.
-- Mickey Joe, out!
29 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2015, 21:13

Sphax wrote:
JastyGaming wrote:
BLOCKS
Vines
Flowers (All of them)

ITEMS
Armour (Including Horse)
  • Trees: The log blocks are not "transparent" in game. That means, nobody can make them round because of hardcoded properties which make the floor (or walls or roof) to not show their face if a log block is aside - making a hole in world
  • Sea Lanterns: It could be possible but the lanterns have a spike in corners which can't be made in 3D (because the block do not support transparent textures, again because of hardcoded property). That means making it 3D would remove that spike which makes the texture looks cool
  • Vines: Vines are very curly in PureBDcraft. It's impossible to make it 3D. However, I could try to give them some sort of volume with rotated planes.
  • Flowers: It would destroy the "comic" feel of PureBDcraft. They will always be better in 2D. ;)
  • Redstone: It's planned to have a new 3D Addon to transform all the Redstone blocks in 3D models. The Addon should be loved by Redstone Creators. Not yet started however.
  • Armour: Not possible yet
  • Arrow: Not possible yet
  • Clock: There's a bug in Minecraft which prevent custom 3D models for Clocks and Compass...
Thanks for letting me know! At least the redstone might be a possible thing.

-- edit --
MushirMickeyJoe wrote:
JastyGaming wrote:
MushirMickeyJoe wrote:

I hope it works!

The 3D helmets are done by making custom models for blocks (to make them look like helmets) and then putting them on your head using commands - doesn't actually give armor.
Ooooh okay that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.