Forums - Classic Animated Textures : General Discussions

It is currently 25 Jun 2018, 17:17 (All times are UTC )




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Message
User avatar
 Profile  
Offline

Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 21:31
Posts: 39
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States of America
 Post subject: Classic Animated Textures
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 08:20 
So, for a while now, I've been personally using the old animated textures from the 1.2.5 patch for things like diamonds, iron, ender pearls, gold, the ores, redstone, the diamond sword, etc.



I would recommend getting a customized patch with the old coal texture as well, it sticks out when you see the pentagonal diamonds and emeralds. For 1.6 and 1.7 you’ll need to move the old texture from the alternate items folder to the main items folder.

Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.
Welcome to Nosiphus. A more familiar approach.



Last edited by nosiphus on 30 May 2018, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
Login to not show this ad

User avatar
 Profile  
Offline
BDcraft Lead Moderator

Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 00:46
Posts: 4827
Location: Hereford, England
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 08:49 
You aren't obliged to credit the original author, it's just nice to do so.

I suspect most of the animated textures were by CadenDonuts or Zekrom9 though.

You would have to release them as a patch yourself, if you wanted to allow others to access them. The options in the customiser are only ones that can be found in the main pack.

BDcraft Moderator


User avatar
 Profile  
Offline

Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 21:31
Posts: 39
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States of America
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 08:59 
HanFox wrote:You aren't obliged to credit the original author, it's just nice to do so.

I suspect most of the animated textures were by CadenDonuts or Zekrom9 though.

You would have to release them as a patch yourself, if you wanted to allow others to access them. The options in the customiser are only ones that can be found in the main pack.


I will assemble this patch very quickly.

Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.
Welcome to Nosiphus. A more familiar approach.



User avatar
 Profile  
Offline

Joined: 01 Jan 2015, 18:13
Posts: 192
Location: California
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 15:18 
I've only been playing Minecraft since about 1.7.10, so I hadn't even realized that old versions of this texture pack had animated textures for those items. I might try them once they're ready.


User avatar
 Profile  
Offline
BDcraft Lead Moderator

Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 00:46
Posts: 4827
Location: Hereford, England
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 15:20 
MauveCloud wrote:I've only been playing Minecraft since about 1.7.10, so I hadn't even realized that old versions of this texture pack had animated textures for those items. I might try them once they're ready.

The pack never has had those items animated. The animations were community created.

BDcraft Moderator


User avatar
 Profile  
Offline

Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 21:31
Posts: 39
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States of America
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 16:41 
MauveCloud wrote:I've only been playing Minecraft since about 1.7.10, so I hadn't even realized that old versions of this texture pack had animated textures for those items. I might try them once they're ready.


I think I may be confusing the old animations’ original location with the Tekkit Classic patch. I’ve never played 1.2.5 without Tekkit, so that’s likely where they came from.

Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.
Welcome to Nosiphus. A more familiar approach.



User avatar
 Profile  
Offline

Joined: 01 Jan 2015, 18:13
Posts: 192
Location: California
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 18:04 
Okay, I found that patch. A few of the animation textures I haven't figured out what the item/block was (or I haven't figured out what the animation does from looking at the vertically-stacked frames of animation), but the others look good. Now I'm curious why the animated glint was added for iron and gold ingots (and ore), but apparently not for tin, copper, and bronze (which I presume already existed in IC2 and Forestry back in MC 1.2.5 days, though I wouldn't expect there to be "bronze ore")


User avatar
 Profile  
Offline

Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 21:31
Posts: 39
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States of America
PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 18:19 
MauveCloud wrote:Okay, I found that patch. A few of the animation textures I haven't figured out what the item/block was (or I haven't figured out what the animation does from looking at the vertically-stacked frames of animation), but the others look good. Now I'm curious why the animated glint was added for iron and gold ingots (and ore), but apparently not for tin, copper, and bronze (which I presume already existed in IC2 and Forestry back in MC 1.2.5 days, though I wouldn't expect there to be "bronze ore")



I believe that the animation textures were made separately from the textures for IC2. That's always gotten on my nerves as well.

Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.
Welcome to Nosiphus. A more familiar approach.



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: