Custom Sapling Model/Texture

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 08 Jul 2015, 11:56

Yo, 'sup? Yeah I'm good. Thanks for asking.

But yeah, I could have just messaged you (Sphax) privately but I'm just going to do it the proper way, haha.

Ahem!

Dear BDcraft forum members. I have an idea that maybe could potentially improve PureBDcraft!
Ever since 1.8 came out, resource pack makers have been able to make custom models (textures) for items in your inventory.

It would be incredibly neat if saplings you picked up from trees looked (and is called) like the tree's seed in your inventory, but like were normal sapling again when placed!

This means oak saplings in your inventory would be acorns, pine trees would have pine cones and dark oak trees will have dark acorns? I think you get what I mean.

Think about it, friends!
-- Mickey Joe, out!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
9 Posts

Post 13 Aug 2015, 19:24

I love this idea:) Do it ;)
I love PureBDCraft <3
1 Post

Post 14 Aug 2015, 10:00

You can do exactly so. You will just need an extra Item texture /model for the seed in your Inventory. Normally the sapling uses the sapling texture out of the blocks folder to render the item but you can go into the code and change the code to something like this:

{
"parent": "item/generated",
"textures": {
"layer0": "items/acorn"
}
}

and save it as oak_sapling in the models/item folder.
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 14 Aug 2015, 10:39

Uber wrote:
You can do exactly so. You will just need an extra Item texture /model for the seed in your Inventory. Normally the sapling uses the sapling texture out of the blocks folder to render the item but you can go into the code and change the code to something like this:

{
"parent": "item/generated",
"textures": {
"layer0": "items/acorn"
}
}

and save it as oak_sapling in the models/item folder.
I know bud. And I could do it myself and include it in VanillaBDcraft but vanilla Minecraft doesn't have it so that's kind of against the whole point of VBDc. It'd be a nice feature to PureBDcraft though.
-- Mickey Joe, out!