Forum Layout and Status Request

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
Lifetime Supporter
18 Posts

Post 03 Jul 2013, 02:08

1) Forum Layout: All the other BDCraft flavors have a "General Discussions" forum except for Pure. Will one be added?

2) What is the status for the 1.6 version of BDCraft? I have looked in support and there is no General Discussions section for Pure so I don't know where else to look for this type of information.

If a 1.6 version is not going to be released, then where can I find instructions on how to install the texture pack using the new resource management system in 1.6? I already tried just updating and leaving everything as is, but 1.6 would not recognize my 1.5.2 BDCraft texture pack.

Thank you
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 03 Jul 2013, 07:23

PureBD, being the most used pack currently, just falls under Ideas and Feedback, Help and Support etc. so it doesn't need the collective General like other packs do.

Sphax has stated he's working on 1.6 on his twitter already.

You can however use Mojang's converter tool: https://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Resource_pack
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Lifetime Supporter
18 Posts

Post 03 Jul 2013, 14:10

Thanks for the 1.6 update information.

I think the PureBD area needs a General Discussions room to reduce confusion. My post here could have gone under support just as easily as here, if a General Discussions room had been available then that is where I would have posted.

General Discussions is more of a public area; where you expect responses or comments from knowledgeable users as well as mods and admins. When I post to a sub-forum titled Ideas and Feedback I don't expect to have a response or comment from anyone, and Support sub-forums indicate a need for a mod or an admin response.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the quick response HanFox =)
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 03 Jul 2013, 19:55

Thanks for your feedback.
This new forum is very young and we still improve it day after day. ;)

-- 03 Jul 2013, 23:08 --

Han and me have listen to you and the PureBDcraft section has now its "General Discussion" forum as the others sections for others texturepacks. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?