Mincraft bd cape

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
2 Posts

Post 13 Apr 2014, 15:35

Hey! I have loved sphax for so long and i would really like it if you could make a sphax bdcraft minecraft cape :D, i'm not sure if you are able to make one but i would love this thanks
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
5 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2014, 16:59

Correct me if im wrong ofc but i think that in order to use cape at all u have to be granted it by mojang... capes are rewards from attending to events (i think)
So if this is the case then in order to use these textures u will have to have the ability to use capes in the first place... but probably already know this tho ;)
and again correct me if im wrong here but i do think this is the case
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2014, 17:09

There are mods that allow for custom capes, but of course only other users of the mod can see the capes.

There are more mods still such as Optifine that will give donators capes, but again only Optifine users can see the capes.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 15:55

Then are you able to do something like that? donate to sphax and get a sphax cape? and like only people using sphax can see it?
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 15:59

I'm not sure what the point would be... because you'd not be able to see the cape unless you had a mod and then you'd be paying money for a cape and be forced to use a third party's mod also.

No one's saying a cape can't be made (in fact I think some exist on the forum already) you'll just need to get the mod and there's a good chance no one else will see the cape.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
175 Posts

Post 24 Apr 2014, 04:23

I think the point he's missing is that BDcraft isn't a mod so simply putting the ability to wear a cape into the download wouldn't work. That's the difference to Optifine in which the users don't have to install a second mod because it's included.
11 Posts

Post 06 May 2014, 11:54

Just get the custom cape mod and whip up a quick cape texture. Done.
-thedjk414