[Suggestion] New gravel and cobblestone textures

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
16 Posts

Post 16 Apr 2014, 14:56

I'm not sure if this should go here or not, but I think PureBDcraft needs new gravel and cobble textures.

The reason we should have new gravel textures is because the gravel that we have right now is based on the old vanilla gravel. As you may know, in older versions of Minecraft, gravel looked like this: Image
and Sphax gravel looks like this:

But now, vanilla gravel looks like this:
So we should have Sphax gravel updated to look similar to that.

As for cobblestone, I'd like to have a new texture, or maybe an alternate, that looks nicer for building. Right now, cobblestone:
looks ugly in buildings. It's great for paths or roads, but looks terrible when used for the walls of a house or something.

Anyway, Sphax, if you read this, please consider making new textures for these blocks, or maybe someone could just make alternates so people could switch out the textures if they want.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
5 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2014, 16:55

Have to agree with u there. gravel texture are indeed outdated.
the cobble stone block u have made are indeed nice looking but i don't think it looks too much like cobble stone. If u google cobble stone u will see that cobble stone i more like a chiseled stone in squares made for roads and stuff.

This cobble stone kinda look like a pile of rocks.... and for building it looks a bit strange like my house stands of top of randomly placed rocks.....
16 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 16:34

Atharil wrote:
the cobble stone block u have made are indeed nice looking but i don't think it looks too much like cobble stone. If u google cobble stone u will see that cobble stone i more like a chiseled stone in squares made for roads and stuff.
That's not a texture I made, that's the cobblestone texture that's currently in Sphax. I haven't made any textures.
Patch Creator
343 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 19:20

But Sphax isn't upscaled vanilla. The gravel doesn't "need" to look similar to the default.
But I do agree that a more decorative cobble would be nice.
The Chisel mod is great for decorative building blocks though, they could work as hold-over alternative textures.
I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter
5 Posts

Post 09 May 2014, 08:22

baddaspig wrote:
That's not a texture I made, that's the cobblestone texture that's currently in Sphax. I haven't made any textures.
my bad ofc i know this. its just me not being very accurate here. by "you" i mean Sphax ofc. should made that a bit more clear so sorry about that :)
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 09 May 2014, 09:15

The problem is that if cobble is more like "chiseled" stones, they will look like Stone bricks...

The vanilla textures looks like to be a pile of rocks...
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
1 Post

Post 29 Jun 2014, 16:19

Sphax wrote:
The problem is that if cobble is more like "chiseled" stones, they will look like Stone bricks...

The vanilla textures looks like to be a pile of rocks...
To be fair, that IS pretty much what cobble stone is.

Cobblestone on Google Images

Other packs have made Cobblestone into bricks, for example SMP's revival has smaller bricks for Cobble and Chunky Castle style Bricks for stone bricks.