Remix packs

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
29 Posts

Post 05 Nov 2014, 21:00

So in your rules it says not to make remix-packs for public use, but many resource packs use Sphax textures. It personally makes me upset, because no other pack but BDCraft is allowed to be using as great of textures. Anyways, I've even told some about this, and they ignore me. They respond by saying "Thanks for your feedback!". They may not know the rules, but are you gonna take down these packs? I'd be really sad.

Also, could you guys make 512x-32x mod patch resolutions? That would be a lot of work, but would be awesome!
"Doesn't matter where you go in life, as long as you succeed and achieve your life goal"
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6620 Posts

Post 05 Nov 2014, 21:08

If the page advertising the remix is hosted on a forum such as Minecraft Forum or a website such as Planet Minecraft report the packs to the sites' admins. Point them to the License and tell them it's not allowed. Usually they'll take action.

At the end of the day it's about respect. People will respect Sphax and his wishes or they won't. There's not a great deal you can do about it because even if Sphax asks for them to stop they'll just laugh because they feel immune and it's not like Sphax is going to take them to court or anything.

As for the mod patch resolutions, not sure what you're getting at... if you want higher patch resolutions for any existing patches request them in their threads. If they don't have a patch yet request one in the requests section. General discussion isn't the place to talk about patches though.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
29 Posts

Post 05 Nov 2014, 22:03

Okay thank you HanFox. Sadly, these are MediaFire links. Although they get no money, Sphax gets no credit. I mean, if they added credit for Sphax I'd be a lot happier, but they're adding in some of the best textures from PureBDCraft, AND ALL THE TEXTURES ARE THE BEST. Well, I'll get some more info. Minecraft Forum actually doesn't allow remix-packs unless you get written-permission. Trust me, I had to do it with the FAITHFUL PACK. This is FAITHFUL we're talking about. Anyways, I understand this is not the place to be talking about patch resolutions. I will request one in the appropriate thread. Thanks, HanFox, and have a great day! :)
"Doesn't matter where you go in life, as long as you succeed and achieve your life goal"
136 Posts

Post 06 Nov 2014, 08:22

JastyGaming wrote:
Okay thank you HanFox. Sadly, these are MediaFire links. Although they get no money, Sphax gets no credit. I mean, if they added credit for Sphax I'd be a lot happier, but they're adding in some of the best textures from PureBDCraft, AND ALL THE TEXTURES ARE THE BEST. Well, I'll get some more info. Minecraft Forum actually doesn't allow remix-packs unless you get written-permission. Trust me, I had to do it with the FAITHFUL PACK. This is FAITHFUL we're talking about. Anyways, I understand this is not the place to be talking about patch resolutions. I will request one in the appropriate thread. Thanks, HanFox, and have a great day! :)
Um, you know Vattic allows remixes of Faithful right?
29 Posts

Post 07 Nov 2014, 02:10

Um, you know Vattic allows remixes of Faithful right?
Well on the Minecraft Forums Moderators took down my pack because I need written permission. I dunno what that's all about.