Seamless Prismarine Bricks?

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
2 Posts

Post 23 Aug 2014, 19:28

I'm no good with image editing or anything, and I know it's really new, but the Prismarine Brick texture just bothers me.
Just about every block is made to match up seamlessly into adjacent blocks of the same type, but the Prismarine Bricks have all these hard edges on all the sides
I tried to make one that would match up, and ended up with this monstrosity. Since I don't know what I'm doing it ended up kinda ugly and it doesn't actually match up, but the idea is there.
If somebody who's any good with image editing can make an alternate Prismarine Brick texture where it seamlessly works into adjacent blocks I'd be super grateful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
3 Posts

Post 23 Sep 2014, 19:42

What program did you use?

In GIMP you can fiz the borders with Layers > Change > Offset > Button "x/2 and y/2"

-- 23 Sep 2014, 16:42 --

I tried some GIMP moves... check this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 Posts

Post 24 Sep 2014, 23:15

It's better than mine, for sure. something I didn't even think of is over the edges of the blocks.
I tested your texture in it and as a wall it was almost perfect, but when looking over the edge it just quit and made a harsh line..
I appreciate any and all help, since I can't really make images myself XP
3 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2014, 14:07

My GIMP skill are shamefull, maybe something I forgot. Is the hard line in the edge of each cube?

I will have a second look soon as I can...

-- 25 Sep 2014, 11:07 --

Test this one. I removed an empty pixel line at the edge of the image and resized it.