[128x - 32x] Extra Utilities [MC1.7.10 - MC1.12]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
196 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 07:03

Extra Utilities

Extra Utilities is a collection of various blocks. Enderthermic pumps replace lava in the nether with cobblestone to prevent lag, Colored blocks & connected textures allow for decorations while magnum torches and chandeliers prevent mobs form spawning. A transport pipe system makes for great early game networks. See the full list of blocks on the Minecraft Forum via the link below.

Downloads

for MC1.12 by Novamanga
Show

v1.4.1 for MC1.11 by Novamanga
Show

v1.3.0 for MC1.10 by Novamanga
Show

for MC1.7.10
Show

Preview

Show

Blocks

Changelog

Show
16/02/18
Added Novamanga's MC1.12 links.

11/05/17
Added Novamanga's MC1.11 links.

25/03/16
Added Novamanga's MC1.10 links.

25/09/14
Added Novamanga's generator upgrades
Removed lang and sound folders from files

23/08/14
Added 26 new generators
Added 11 new blocks
Added 11 new items

20/08/14
Version for 1.7.10

01/03/14
- Added Generators

14/01/14
Added;
- All Connected Textures
- Ender lillys, filing cabinets, trashcan, peacful table
- a few missing pipes, nodes

23/09/13
- Larue - Original release

Credits

Show
Laruae - Original Pack
Novamanga - Diamond Core, End Core, Ender Quarry, Generator GUI & Icons, Broken Watering Can, Enderthermic Pump, Ender Constructor (QED), Ender Glass
NintendoFan37 - Parts of the peacfultable
KeddoXZ - Trash Can
b0bst3r - pipe_nozzle
Zerant - Resizing to 64 & 32
Last edited by BonaireDreams on 26 Sep 2014, 17:58, edited 20 times in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 07:05

Laruae wrote:
Hrm.... the syntax keeps changing to URL... Any suggestions mods?
Are you using the WYSIWYG editor? It has a bug where it does that... :| Hopefully Sphax is looking in to it.

In the meantime you can disable it here and then you should be able to do the buttons properly.

The WYSIWYG editor isn't much of a loss in my opinion.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
14 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 07:15

realy nice. .... thank you
288 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 07:48

Thanks Marcel, more to come.
Patch Contributor
290 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 08:53

You need to insert a folder in your packages:

Currently mods\extrautils\blocks

Needs to be mods\extrautils\textures\blocks

1 - Everything needs to be moved into a textures folder in other words, it's wrong in the 64x 1.5 package

2 - you resized some original 16x16 textures you left in the 128x pack to 8x8 in the 64x pack making them err just blobs in game. You need to remove the original textures from the download.

3 - sorry about this but feedback is feedback, when removing the 8x8 item textures also not that the sorting pipe gui and the transfer pipe GUI have also been resized down and need removing (from the 64x 1.5 pack).

4 - Good attempt but the item pipe gui needs moving to the left, boxes are mis-aligned, actually which version of Extra utils did you do these textures against?
288 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 14:16

Great Feedback!

1. It looks like this got mixed around and the wrong folder uploaded.

2. Same issue as 1, wrong folder uploaded. Same with 3.

4. I had been using 1.5.2 to check the pipes against. Will get to fixing this asap, I appreciate the feedback!

EDIT - As for the 'item pipe gui' you must be referring to the filter gui. Yes, it appears that while the player inventory is in the correct spot, the actual filter inv isnt. Fixing now.
8 Posts

Post 25 Sep 2013, 23:54

More mods that can be supported for FTB Unleashed? Awesome. Thanks, Laruae, the thread will be credited whenever we next update. I'm working on my 128x patch, and I'm happy to know that a missing mod has finally gained some texturing.
288 Posts

Post 26 Sep 2013, 03:27

@ Rednic

I'm happy to contribute. I myself upkeep a 128x Ultimate patch for personal use. I will see what else I can add.
107 Posts

Post 28 Sep 2013, 22:25

Hi, yall. I was able to slap together a patch of my own for this mod in MC1.5. It's mostly Laruae's work, but I fixed the file structure of the patch (mods/extrautils/textures/<texture files>), removed the vanilla textures from it (they tend to be largely annoying while downscaling), butchered some iron tools and ingot to create the unstable tools and ingot for the mod, and created new textures for the builders wands and paintbrush (paintbrush is all my work, builders wands are just a butchered shovel handle with a star on top). The hoe and sword are still Laruae's work; as well as any other textures from the pack in other folders than items.

128x version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5at7bcgidbdn2 ... edv0.2.zip
64x version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3wasm5jd9mhh ... edv0.2.zip

I didn't know what the existing version structure of the existing patch was, so I just made this patch a v0.2. I tested this patch on the latest version of Extra Utils for MC1.5.2. If it doesn't work for you, look elsewhere or try to fix it; not gonna hold your hand.

I haven't done all the textures. You get what you get. I'm taking no requests. I just did the tools so I had a consistent theme for the unstable pieces in my personal texture pack. If you have a problem with the quality of my work... bite me, I don't do this for you. I did most of this in an afternoon; you try it. I may even download your work over mine.

If you want to see my 512x textures or even my vectors for the custom work on this mod, feel free to pm me and I could probably put them in my Dropbox too and give you the link.

If you want to include my work in another patch, alter my custom work, or just post the patch officially, just give me credit for the textures I did where appropriate when you post it. Also, I won't be officially releasing this on my own. Feel free to do that work for me; I've no interest in learning.

If you need to downsize the textures, see my signature. Have fun. :)
Last edited by lifeseeker128 on 29 Sep 2013, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
Resize trouble?
GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/
Plugin: http://registry.gimp.org/node/26259
Tut: http://bdcraft.net/forum/tutorial-how-t ... s-properly
As courtesy: no vanillas, no GUI's 'til 32, no res < 16. My OCD will thank you.
Have fun. :)
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 28 Sep 2013, 23:12

@lifeseeker It's good practice to remove the thumbs.db files from your archives.