[512x - 32x] More Random Mob Textures

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Patch Creator
79 Posts

Post 19 Jun 2013, 16:48

More Random Mob Textures

I've taken the communities ideas into consideration and made my own versions of them.

Requires an HD patcher such as Optifine or MCPatcher in order to take advantage of the RandomMobs functionality. Alternatively rename files to overwrite the normal files (e.g. cow.png or chicken.png).

Changelog

Show
Version 1.2
-Updated to 1.7 Structure-
-Added a Bull Cow Skin
-Added Brown Chicken
-Added a Black Panther Ocelot
-Added Brown Pig
-Added Black Pig
-Added Black Widow Cave Spider

Version 1.1
-Added Creamy Sheep Skin Colour
-Added Black Sheep Skin Colour
-Added Duck Variants of Chickens
-Added Blue Blaze
-Added Creeper w/ TNT Face
-Added Slenderman Enderman
-Added Pig w/ No Mud
-Added Different Colour Slimes
-Added Black and White Cow
- Added White and Green Iron Golem
- Added a Red Ghast
- Added Dalmatian Dog
- Added Beagle Dog
- Added Black Labrador Dog
- Added Golden Retriever Dog

Preview

Show
Bare in mind that these images the 64x version

Black and White Cow

Pig With No Mud

Chickens as Ducks

Creeper With TNT Face

Different Color Slimes

Sheep With White Skin

Sheep With Creamy Skin

White and Green Iron Golem

A Blue Blaze (To Represent Blue Flame)

Red Ghast

Slenderman Enderman (sometimes spawn with glowing enderman eyes)

Dalmation Dog

Beagle Dog

Black Labrador Dog

Golden Retriever Dog

Bull Skinned Cow

Black Panther Skinned Ocelot

Brown and Black Pigs

Brown Chicken

Black Widow Skinned Cave Spider

Even Sphax Likes My Textures

Show

How To Install

1. Install Optfine or MC Patcher , You probably already have it installed if you're reading this anyway
2. Download My Custom Random Mob Texture (Below) in the same resolution as your sphax texture pack and unzip it
3. Go to your mob folder in assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/mobs and drag and drop all the textures into the appropriate places.
4. Enjoy More Random Mob Textures :)

Downloads 1.7

Last edited by Morgsta270 on 22 Dec 2013, 22:18, edited 8 times in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
1 Post

Post 01 Jul 2013, 07:18

How about more slimes! :D I also suggest that you add horses when the update is out.
7 Posts

Post 02 Jul 2013, 11:46

I love this.
Patch Creator
79 Posts

Post 03 Jul 2013, 18:39

thanks guys :D
3 Posts

Post 20 Oct 2013, 21:07

Please take down your 512x Download link until it is properly sized. I just checked them before putting them into my pack and none of them are 512x quality. Pretty much all of them are 256x quality with only the slimes's being set to 128x quality. Please don't post false links/information again.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 20 Oct 2013, 21:19

RyuuOuji wrote:
Please take down your 512x Download link until it is properly sized. I just checked them before putting them into my pack and none of them are 512x quality. Pretty much all of them are 256x quality with only the slimes's being set to 128x quality. Please don't post false links/information again.
Well 1024x512 isn't 512x anyway. 2048x1024 is (if you just think about it 512x is *4 bigger than than 128x... 512x256 *4 = 2048x1024 not 1024x512).

Sphax has made that mistake in the main pack so everyone else continues to make that mistake... It's based of the somewhat general idea of 1024 being the greatest size a texture can be, but a model/entity is a serious of textures made up to a resolution so it's rare any one section is greater than 512x!

So that actually means a lot of the 256x ones are "wrong", too.

Anyway, if there isn't a 512x available (because it was never made) it's perfectly acceptable to leave lower resolution textures in packs.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
27 Posts

Post 05 Nov 2013, 21:29

is there any chance of this being updated to 1.7.2 in the relevant sizes?

I really loved the textures you made, especially the slime and creeper ones ;D

I'd love to use them again! if this has become a "Patch" thread, can somebody point me in the direction of it!?

:D
Patch Creator
79 Posts

Post 07 Nov 2013, 18:42

Sorry for being so quietly recently , I thought since this hasn't had any new textures in a while I'll texture the donkey. Since XmasBdcraft came out today i decided to make the donkey look like Rudolph I hope you like :)

Show

Patch Contributor
442 Posts

Post 17 Dec 2013, 21:58

Does the installation work the same way for 1.6.x? I was going to attempt a manual move as the directions stated but noticed that there are numerous different folders under "mobs" in the MC folder. I was scared to start sorting them without knowing how these textures actually correlate :o Thanks!
Patch Creator
79 Posts

Post 22 Dec 2013, 22:16

Since I haven't got the time to redo all the resolutions into the 1.7 format , just drag each texture to the corresponding folder and rename it if needed (e.g the iron golem)

-- 22 Dec 2013, 23:16 --

Actually I did have time to do it , Download the new textures right now! :D