PureBDCraft for MCPE on Windows Phone/MCWin10?

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Bedrock.
11 Posts

Post 30 Aug 2016, 08:43

Is there any plans or hopes of developing BDCraft for Pocket Edition on Windows Phone and Windows 10 Edition? I know many are taking the approach of trying to patch it through the locked down Windows 10 App files, but I think you'd get much more support going through official channels and trying to work with Microsoft/Mojang on this. As for Pocket Edition, I'd suggest the same thing. Is there any plans to start this or see if it's going to be an option? I did hear from one of Microsoft's conferences that they plan to increase texturepack and cosmetic support, but other than including texture and skin packs in Win10 Edition and MCPE on WinPhone, I haven't seen much. This is more of a query/suggestion rather than a request. Just trying to see what's going on :D
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 31 Aug 2016, 12:51

I don't know if it will ever come to Windows phone as no one on the current team has access to a Windows phone so it can't be tested it. There's also the fact no one previously has ever asked for it on Windows phone. I personally don't know why anyone would own a Windows phone short of their company supplying them as company phones ;)

As for Win10 I believe coujean99 (who does Pocket) was looking at it at one point, but nothing came of it. Likely because he had no time to do work on it, but I think I recall mention that it wasn't very easy to implement at the time. Maybe it'll come soon, who knows.

Really, Mojang/Microsoft should just figure out one universal layout for resourcepacks and provide full support for them. Currently the Pocket/Win10 resourcepack is massively different to the PC version. They have different ways of implementing nearly everything.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
11 Posts

Post 01 Sep 2016, 06:15

I use a Windows Phone for quite a few reasons, many of which are benefits not well understood by iOS and Android users. It's a good platform, unfortunately it isn't well supported. I expect implementing a pack through the MCPE 'shop' would be a more universally supported way, however device specific installs as is done currently (and unfortunately) seems to be more common. I wish developing things for PE releases was simpler. I definitely agree, universal texturepack support is definitely needed. Plus if their goal is universal support, something like this would be a pretty solid start.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 01 Sep 2016, 12:48

Well if you know/can find out how to install a pack on Windows Phone pocket and then maybe test the packs maybe we can support it. It's hard to know it works when few people have a Windows Phone.

And I read a few reviews about Windows Phone 10. The only "useful" thing is Continuum, from what I can glean, which is useless to me because as I don't have a Windows PC :P
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
11 Posts

Post 03 Sep 2016, 01:09

(Note: Oops, I thought the check mark was a like button? Sorry if you got a notif for it)

On the subject of testing it, I can do that. It's (at the moment) difficult to access the directory, but it is very well possible. I can start testing with no issue. What I'll do in the meantime is attempt to provide a means of accessing or patching the directory. (Hopefully in a way helpful to you!)
Former Staff
76 Posts

Post 06 Sep 2016, 13:27

On Windows Phone I know it was possible to download the game directly from microsoft.com like you can see here: https://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/w ... ll-apps-sd but now as I can see we can't anymore. If you know how to, please let us know :)