1.8-pre1 Wooden Fences & Inverted Daylight Sensor Patch 64x

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
3 Posts

Post 22 Aug 2014, 23:46

I know it's probably not common practice to make patches for the base texture pack, but after playing the 1.8 pre-release build of Minecraft today, I noticed that all of the fences were missing textures including oak. So for personal use, I decided to try my hand at getting them working and making decent textures for the new wooden fences as well as the inverted daylight sensor and thought I would share with anyone interested. I use the 64px pack, so unfortunately that's the only resolution I made the textures in.

I picked the wood colors directly off their plank sprites, so they should all match well. For the inverted daylight sensor, I just gave it a slight red tint when inverted. (Fences were already working, but i threw them into the following screenshot just to show that they match well enough.)

All of the json renaming/editing/duplicating for the fences and sensor should be usable by @Sphax to save some time if they haven't already been done, I believe. The only thing is, I called the dark oak texture "*_dark_oak_*" before realizing you refer to that tree as "*big_oak_*" throughout the pack, so that might be something to change. Hopefully this is useful. Thanks for the wonderful texture pack, I've been using it for a long time and it's only gotten better and better.

Just drop the assets folder into the PureBDcraft 14w30c resource pack using 7Zip or equivalent and give it permission to merge folders.
Last edited by Borx on 23 Aug 2014, 00:19, edited 2 times in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 22 Aug 2014, 23:46

I "fixed" your download link.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 23 Aug 2014, 01:39

HanFox wrote:
I "fixed" your download link.
Thanks Han, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 24 Aug 2014, 22:27

I suppose this is still relevant because there's no inverted daylight sensor texture in the recently added 1.8-pre download.

Maybe you could edit the zip just to have that texture now seeing as the fences are now added officially? :)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 24 Aug 2014, 23:56

Done. I think I went a little too red with the texture, but it should work for a temp fix.

Edit: Files removed.

-- 24 Aug 2014, 17:56 --

Redid the inverted daylight sensor texture and also included a fix for the missing breaking particles for the tops of the oak of dark oak doors.

Sphax if you see this, you have your textures for the top door models as "door_oak_upper" when the texture is "door_wooden_upper" and likewise "door_big_oak_upper" when the texture is "door_dark_oak_upper".