Project zulu patch

Want hints or tips about creating textures or other resources? This is the place for you.
73 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 13:37

This is the first time ive tried to do a resource pack, I can make the new textures easy enough but when it comes to trying them in game, they just dont work.
im trying to make a patch for project zulu, ive just done a few of the blocks to get it working but for some reason the textures wont show up.
ive made the files like instructed, assets > project zulu > textures > blocks.
I also cant work out where to put the big page with all the blocks on. ive downloaded another patch someone else has made, to use as a reference, and that patch doesnt seem to have that it in anywhere.
am I missing something here? most instructions online are for vanilla packs which are a bit different, as your starting from scratch and not trying to add to an existing pack.
Can someone please tell where im going wrong here? or direct me to somewhere that tells me where im going wrong?
thanks
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 20:41

Ok, I downloaded the latest release of project zulu.

The key for making textures for mods, is making sure you have the right folder structure and each mod is different, when it comes to its root directory. You need to open the mod jar like so:

So you got the assets correct because that's a Minecraft convention that all mods have to follow, but the folder is completely wrong.

Let's go deeper, shall we?

Now we see that there are even textures in the base of the mod directory, not just the textures directory.

Anywhere there are textures, you need to copy that directory structure and put the textures in their respective folders. Armors go in the "armor_sets" directory and blocks/items go in the "textures/blocks" and "textures/items" folders respectively.

Go ahead and open the mod jar for yourself and investigate it. Here's some of the locations that I've discussed so far:

Code: Select all

assets/projectzulublock
assets/projectzulublock/armor_sets
assets/projectzulublock/textures/blocks
assets/projectzulublock/textures/items
-- 18 Apr 2014, 12:40 --

Each of these folders has textures in them, you just have to mimic the folder structure and you're good to go :)

assets/projectzulucore/
assets/projectzuludungeon/
assets/projectzulumob/
73 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 21:24

After typing this I went back and noticed the folders were wrong and changed them, but it still doesn't work. I've only done a few textures from the block_projectzulu file and the acompanieing texture in the texture folder, just to get the idea of how to get it working. Even with them in the right folders etc I still don't see the new textures. I've turned the computer off now so will have another look at it in the morning when I'm a little less exhausted. Thanks for the help.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 21:40

Umm.... You do realize you spelled that wrong right?

Correct

blocks_projectzulu
Incorrect

block_projectzulu
-- 18 Apr 2014, 13:40 --

If you send me your patched zip, I'll have a look to see if you're doing it correctly.
73 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 22:04

Yeah I know, I couldn't be bothered to correct it, I'm on my android tablet and getting the curser in the right place is next to impossible. It doesn't really matter, I was just explaining that I'm only working with the blocks file for now. I'm using the original textures file and just replacing over the top with the new textures so file names arnt messed with.