Trouble with duplicate textures

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 19:11

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I had a look through the forum and couldn't see anything similar to it ... apart from one topic but I couldn't really see his question being answered.

I've put together my own texture pack for the moonquest mod but I've having an issue where old default textures are showing and not the sphax texture, however the sphax texture is in my creative inventory and I can spawn it in, yet the world generator uses the old texture ... it only seems to happen for some textures ie copper and tin (in screenshot) for one ... others seem to be okay ...

Here is the screenshot ...

The only thing I've noticed is that when I hover over the blocks in inventory they each have their own different ID number - shouln't there just be 1 ID for each different type of block??

Anyone got any ideas??
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 19:49 

A lot of mods add the same ores. If you've disabled the ones you don't want in their configs they won't show up in the worldgeneration (but they'll still appear in NEI or the Creative Tabs).

Install WAILA then you can just look at the block and a tooltip will show up on screen telling you what it's from. Then you can find the relevant patch on the forum.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 24 Apr 2014, 09:37

Ah cool - I'm with you now ... thanks for your help :)