The BDCraft Archives

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
11 Posts

Post 28 Aug 2016, 06:16

As some other texture packs do, I suggest an archive for all BDCraft textures and resources from old to new. A full archive of everything available to browse and download specific images, or to download the archive as a ZIP file. Though I do understand the BDCraft Archives would be a very large project and a very large file to download, I believe it would be useful especially to those who want to make their most up to date BDCraft experience more customized. Many people still prefer older textures and some prefer the newer ones. Though the customize does mitigate some of the challenges, it is not only WIP, but it is not formatted in a way to provide such a service for so many textures. Any feedback is appreciated.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6592 Posts

Post 28 Aug 2016, 10:26

The customiser just shows you what textures are available in the pack in an easy to use and understand way. It isn't providing any textures you can't already find in the latest pack download. So the main pack is already technically doing what you're suggesting.

I'd be interested to know what old textures you feel are missing from it?
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
11 Posts

Post 28 Aug 2016, 12:58

Nothing in specific, I'm only recommending a full archive. The Customizer is nice though. I'm essentially looking for a more full-weight, all inclusive .zip? I think I may be able to just download each texture pack and place all the files in a big folder for my own use. It may not be worth your time. I assume I'm most likely the only one looking for something like this.
BDcraft Web Admin
6592 Posts

Post 28 Aug 2016, 13:07

I don't see what the gain of that is.

Whilst I can understand wanting to be able to choose some VanillaBD textures over some in PureBD neither MickeyJoe nor Sphax really want to do that as it breaks the intended aesthetic.

It'd be easier for you - or anyone else - to make a simple patch to change what you want between packs without breaking the general structures than having to slog through a massive, lumbering archive and renaming things.

All you would need to do is to make an empty resourcepack structure and drag/drop the blockstates, models and textures you want to overwrite in to it and load it above the main pack in MC.

Suffice it to say, a massive archive won't happen ;)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
11 Posts

Post 28 Aug 2016, 13:39

Yeah, I definitely do agree. It serves a purpose, but I'll do it myself. To be honest, there's no benefit other than having them in the same folder, which will only take more time than it's worth. I appreciate the replies <3 Thank you very much!