Could Someone Make A Medieval Patch?

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
22 Posts

Post 17 Oct 2016, 00:57

I think it would be awesome if someone could help with this, I would love to see a medieval themed version of the Sphax Pack, in regards to armor, weapons wouldn't be too hard to change since old patches exist: Balkon's Weapon-mod Patch, Alt Assets, etc... If anyone can do this, you are awesome!
I am the meme machine.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
22 Posts

Post 18 Oct 2016, 01:55

It is an awesome Addon, and it's not too big of an issue, but I had finally finished converting Balkon's Weapon Mod Patch textures (The ones by Crumbl3d, gr8 work btw) into item alts, so for example, if I rename an iron sword to Iron Knife, it turns into a knife, which is awesome and fairly easy to change, however due to the nature of 3D items, it gives all the "new" items a translucent 3D outline, imagine an image, attempting to be fully 3D but only sort-of kind-of getting there.

Preview of Success: Show
ImageImageImage

Preview of Problem: Show
ImageImage

If anyone knows a way of resolving this, or simply knows a way to disable 3D for specific items, that'd be great!
I am the meme machine.
22 Posts

Post 18 Oct 2016, 01:59

I've been fiddling with Alt-Item textures, pretty much equivalent to the Unofficial addon, but used Cumbl3d's Balkon's Weaponmod textures for the weapons, which is great, if anyone needs some help with this since im a nub at simply adding a download link, PM me, an example of the edits I had made can be found in my most recent post.
I am the meme machine.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 18 Oct 2016, 02:09

To fix the translucent edges you'd need to remove the semi-transparent pixels on the edges.

Generally easiest achieved using PhotoShop's Export as Web Image (or similar) and selecting an 8bit PNG output.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin