Broken Links

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
21 Posts

Post 30 May 2016, 00:49

Quite a number of patches on the BDCraft forum have broken links leading to SugarSync, Copy.com, removed DropBox links, etc. Sometimes after hours of searching I come across the only patch for mod X only to find that all the links are broken and I wasted a few hours for nothing. A good example of this is the featured post with ExtraBees textures by HanFox. All the links point to nonexistant SugarSync locations, and there doesn't seem to be another patch of ExtraBees anywhere. It would be nice if these broken patch threads would be moved into a folder for broken links until either the links are fixed or the post is deleted, thankyou for your consideration.
--
CatRabbit499_
aka Nathan Meyer
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 30 May 2016, 06:50

I wasn't aware anything on the patches page was pointing to dead stuff... then again if no one reports it I can't know.

You should never really spend hours searching. Any patches on this website are either in the Patch Index or findable with the forum search or a simple Google search (most patches, if they exist at all, show up when you search bdcraft [modname]).

Obviously it'd be good if the actual Patches list was up-to-date, but in it's current setup it requires manual insertion of patches which just takes too long.

Regardless there's not much we can do about patches dying unless someone reports them and then the hope is the OP will actually update them. If we could host them all on BDcraft we would, but we can't.

As an aside the patch you mentioned of mine, ExtraBees, the forum thread link points to the old forum (which is just there for archive reasons) and if you actually went into the "Patch Details" link you'd have seen updated links to the new thread ;) Either way, the Patches section of the website really needs to be massively overhauled.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
21 Posts

Post 30 May 2016, 14:08

lol I didn't go to the patch details thread because I thought I had looked there before. Turns out I was wrong, I found the new links :) Thankyou for the info.