Feedback on GrungeBDcraft 1.20

Topics regarding GrungeBDcraft, the semi-realistic resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 01 Feb 2024, 15:01

MC1.20 - The Trails & Tales update

Welcome to the feedback thread for the 1.20 release of GrungeBDcraft! :)

The team that worked on this update for the pack is HanFox, and Lizannamae!

This is an exclusive for BDcraft Supporters! :heart:

If you have any feedback, comments, ideas, or opinions about the latest version of GrungeBDcraft please post in the thread.

If you find any bugs please post them in the Bug Reports section or Discord.

Issues we already know about

Issues Pending Fix
  • Some textures in 512x are 256x instead due to lack of source files
  • Sugar Canes/Reeds don't tile well
  • Iron Bars have obvious seams
  • Warped and Crimson Stem textures have obvious seams
  • Drowned left arm and leg textures need mirroring
  • GUI is generally unskinned
Fixed in Downloads
  • Blackstone doesn't tile well
Game Bugs
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Supporter
34 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2024, 13:42

Thank you BDcraft team for GrungeCraft 1.20.1 ! I have been waiting for this for a long time. :pray: Also i see there are not many or any mod-patches for GrundgeCraft and Ive finally found a project i can contribute to and learn from. Me and another memeber is wroking on a modpatch for Mythic mounts so im excited to see where the future takes us!
Supporter
34 Posts

Post 19 Feb 2024, 23:47

Something i did notice. (image in attached files)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2024, 11:17

HatelessHeart wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 23:47
I assume you're referring to it not tiling well? I hope so, because that's what I fixed in the downloads :D

I should probably take a look at the other outstanding issues, too :thinking:
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Supporter
34 Posts

Post 23 Feb 2024, 18:21

HanFox wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 11:17
HatelessHeart wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 23:47
I assume you're referring to it not tiling well? I hope so, because that's what I fixed in the downloads :D

I should probably take a look at the other outstanding issues, too :thinking:
I also noticed the shadow On the the ores look a little out of place. Either they are too long or the shadow doesn't look properly placed. They look like they are floating on top on the stone instead of embedded in it. I noticed the same the with the coal ore. And the coal has a thin white outline around it that probably wouldn't be there if there was an actual shadow being Created from the "extruded" coal. I'm not sure if this If these shadows are a new implementation or not But I'm not sure if it looks exactly right. It has been too long since I used the old grungecraft textures.. And at this point When I use the grunge craft texture pack everything looks over contrasted and not very smooth like They weren't really meant to be long together. For instance, the regular terracotta I think does not tile well at all. And then when I use purebd craft, everything tiles properly and is quite well blended and I just feel like that something has changed since When I used to use BD grungecraft and now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Supporter
34 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2024, 20:48

:thinking:This is currently how the terracotta looks in BDgrundge craft. The style looks great. But there is no connectedness or tiling here. :thinking: