BDcraft Community
http://bdcraft.net/community/

BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin
http://bdcraft.net/community/bdcraft-goodies/bdcraft-figs-custom-skin-t1388.html
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Sphax [ 27 Nov 2013, 16:32 ]
Post subject:  BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

In the BDcraft Shop (link), you have various Figurines available.

Most of these "BDcraft Figs" can be customized with your own Minecraft Skin to make renders easily or to purchase the result as real Figurine (built in sandstone like material, right in your hands! :D ). One of them is a Steve with Cape, and this cape can be customized aswell!

You can post here all the Skins you have created for the BDcraft Figs OR you can also find in this post some Skins to chose from. More will come over time. ;)



Official Minecraft Skins


Image
Notch
Image
Jeb
Image
Junkboy


BDcraft Skins


Image
Steve
Image
Heroic Steve
Image
Herobrine
Image
Zombie default
Image
Zombie hurt


Note: Remember to always resize your Skin Texture to 1024x minimum (2048px recommended) and without resampling to prevent the blur effect!

How to customize the Skin


Note: The ability to customize figures has been disabled by the site for unknown reasons
  1. Download the Skin you want or create your own
  2. If the Skin texture is smaller than 1024px wide, then resize it to be 1024px wide without resample!
  3. Fill the background with the hair color near the hair, and skin color near the skin (use layers for easier task)
  4. Open the BDcraft Fig "Steve"
  5. Click the button "Customize"
  6. Click the button "Replace image on object"
  7. Click the default Skin texture
  8. Click the button "Upload a new picture"
  9. Select the Skin texture you created and click "OK" and then "Apply"
  10. DONE!


How to upscale my skin to 1024px without blur


To resize a Minecraft Skin to 1024px without resampling (without blurry result), just open it in Paint (Everyone have this crappy software ^^), then:
  1. click "Image"
  2. click "Resize"
  3. select "Pixels" option
  4. verify "Keep aspect ratio" is checked and set the width to "1024"
  5. click "OK"
  6. pick the "color picker" and select the hair color
  7. pick the fill tool and fill all the transparent areas
  8. save the result
  9. DONE!
With this, it's ready to use as a texture. ;)

Examples


Image
Junkboy
Image
Herobrine

Author:  robot55_ [ 27 Nov 2013, 16:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

Sphax, are you able to get my skin the same size as you do for Jeb and Notch as I can't seem to make it that size without it being blurry?

Author:  Sphax [ 27 Nov 2013, 16:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

robot55_ wrote:Sphax, are you able to get my skin the same size as you do for Jeb and Notch as I can't seem to make it that size without it being blurry?

To resize a Minecraft Skin to 1024px without resampling (without blurry result), just open it in Paint (Everyone have this crappy software ^^), then:
  1. click "Image"
  2. click "Resize"
  3. select "Pixels" option
  4. verify "Keep aspect ratio" is checked and set the width to "1024"
  5. click "OK"
  6. pick the "color picker" and select the hair color
  7. pick the fill tool and fill all the transparent areas
  8. save the result
  9. DONE!
With this, it's ready to use as a texture. ;)

Author:  robot55_ [ 27 Nov 2013, 17:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

I don't have paint, I use a mac :3

Author:  Sphax [ 27 Nov 2013, 19:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

robot55_ wrote:I don't have paint, I use a mac :3

If you don't have a program to edit images, use this online service: http://www.resizr.com
Upload your image, set the output to "PNG", set the width to "1024" and check the option "Qual" to "Low" then download the resized picture. ;)

Author:  robot55_ [ 28 Nov 2013, 15:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

Sphax wrote:
robot55_ wrote:I don't have paint, I use a mac :3

If you don't have a program to edit images, use this online service: http://www.resizr.com
Upload your image, set the output to "PNG", set the width to "1024" and check the option "Qual" to "Low" then download the resized picture. ;)

Thx Sphax! :D

-- 28 Nov 2013, 15:39 --

Sphax, if possible could you post a little 'tutorial' thingy on how to get 3D Hat layers that come off if it is possible?

Author:  Sphax [ 28 Nov 2013, 18:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

robot55_ wrote:Sphax, if possible could you post a little 'tutorial' thingy on how to get 3D Hat layers that come off if it is possible?

Sorry but it's not possible easily to create a 3D Hat... and nothing is automatic.
Have you tried simply merging the hat with your skin?

Author:  robot55_ [ 29 Nov 2013, 17:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

Sphax wrote:
robot55_ wrote:Sphax, if possible could you post a little 'tutorial' thingy on how to get 3D Hat layers that come off if it is possible?

Sorry but it's not possible easily to create a 3D Hat... and nothing is automatic.
Have you tried simply merging the hat with your skin?

Ok, thanks. I tried merging, but it looks weird on my skin :3 Probably gonna get the warrior one, it covers up where the hat would be.

Robot ^_^

Author:  EskiMojo14 [ 29 Nov 2013, 17:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

By the way, is there any reason the background is filled in for the examples? Does it affect anything on the model?

Author:  Sphax [ 29 Nov 2013, 17:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: BDcraft Figs: Custom Skin

EskiMojo14 wrote:By the way, is there any reason the background is filled in for the examples? Does it affect anything on the model?

It should not affect anything on the final figurine but it prevents bad rendering on the dynamic preview (because of mipmap on the edges of legs, head and arms). ;)

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/