New torch flames.

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2015, 10:20

Hi,
I'm a huge fan of the purebdcraft texture packs, but since updating to 1.8r4 I'm having a problem with the new torch flames.

In some of my builds I've hidden torches behind bookshelves, or under carpets to provide a hidden light source, but the new flames are higher than in 1.8.3 and can now be seen.

i'd like to swap out the new file for the old to revert back to the old style flame, but I'm not sure which file exactly handles the flame.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2015, 13:08 

If it has indeed changed and it's the resourcepack that's done it and not somehow a core change in Minecraft in general it's likely that you'd need to copy the torch.json from the /assets/minecraft/models/block folder in the older pack to the newer pack.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2015, 13:17

HanFox wrote:
If it has indeed changed and it's the resourcepack that's done it and not somehow a core change in Minecraft in general it's likely that you'd need to copy the torch.json from the /assets/minecraft/models/block folder in the older pack to the newer pack.
Perfect, that fixed it. Thank you.