Using combo mods w Sphax patches... not all textures show

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 30 Jul 2013, 21:51

New guy... forgive newb... etc.

I searched and tried every solution I could find on the Forum but nothing is working yet.

I run Mo'Creatures, Biomes O'Plenty, Metallurgy 3 & a few other mods all of which have a Sphax Texture patch (even though I realize they may not be up-to-date). I only run Minecraft at 1.5.1 for stability issues with LAN.

Some of the Biomes O'Plenty textures are in game and work fine (Red Rock, some trees, some of the flowers) but other textures do not (Willow wood, Fir, Acacia, etc.).

None of the Mo'Creatures textures work no matter where I put them inside the PureBDCraft texture pack. All 128px. I've tried copying the folders from the .zip into every single sub-folder and even tried just dumping .png files in every folder. The few biomes that Mo'Creatures add do NOT update (Wyvern stuff) and the few items (Reptile armor) don't either.

Everything in Metallurgy works except the new armors. Again, I've moved the folder itself around, the files, with no luck.

How do I crack open the mod itself to tell it what texture to use? Or, I pray to Thor, that it is easier than that. I'm even willing to Photoshop the Sphax textures manually in over the default ones if I knew where to look.

It is just completely jarring to have this beautiful Sphax-colored world with an ugly ass vanilla textured tree or terrain pop up. The Mo-Creatures themselves I can live with, some are very cool. I still hope for a complete Sphax overhaul and I know someone was working on it.

Any help would be absolutely appreciated!

Sphax is by far the best texture pack I've ever seen! Going back to a normal Minecraft look would kill me.

Toweled Avenger 8)
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 30 Jul 2013, 22:13 

To check the structure of the textures you'd need to open the mod zip or jar and go in to mods/textures (usually) and then compare the structure to that of the texture patch you have got.

Alternatively you can make a Request to get the patches updated.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin