Game Crash with Sphax cobbled with optifine

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
1 Post

Post 17 Dec 2017, 01:01

Hey,

I want to use optifine and sphax, but always it chrashs when i start the optifine version.
this is the error message to the crash:

The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: cdo: Unable to fit: minecraft:mcpatcher/ctm/transitions/0_clay/10, size: 64x64, atlas: 2048x2048, atlasMax: 2048x2048 - Maybe try a lower resolution resourcepack?
Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 17 Dec 2017, 05:11 

That "atlasMax: 2048x2048" indicates that your video card (or integrated gpu, as the case may be) is the limiting factor. Most discrete video cards in the last few years would allow the texture atlas to grow to 16384x16384, and I'd expect a recent igpu to be able to handle 8192x8192 at least. I'm guessing you've got some seriously outdated hardware. Could you please provide some more details, such as which Minecraft version you're playing, and maybe a dxdiag file?

Optifine's connected textures option increases the size of the texture atlas, so if you still want Optifine's other enhancements, you could launch it without the Sphax textures, turn off the connected textures, then put back the Sphax textures and it might be able to run that way.