Sounds

Want hints or tips about creating textures or other resources? This is the place for you.
39 Posts

Post 01 Dec 2013, 12:20

Hey all. I downloaded the bdcraft sound pack and I think its really cool that the original game sounds can be changed. I looked at the folder structure in this zip file and it all seems to be focused on the \assets\minecraft\sounds folder.

So it occurred to me that I might be able to replace other sounds in the game. However when looking at minecraft.jar in the bin folder, I see no sounds folder. Where are the original game sounds located? I want to find them so I can know the filenames I need to use to replace sounds with. In particular, I am anxious to silence Slurpy the Spider. The spider noises drive me crazy in this game, and I very much want to change them.

thanks
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 01 Dec 2013, 12:58

*moved to Patches - Discussions*

They're in .minecraft\assets\sounds for MC1.7+ or sound for MC1.6.

Be aware you HAVE to edit them via resourcepacks or it is likely the game with just overwrite any changes (but as there's a txt file telling you that I shouldn't need to have posted this warning).
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
39 Posts

Post 01 Dec 2013, 13:04

Well that's strange. I don't see a "sound" folder anywhere. I'm looking in the bin\minecraft.jar file in my instance. There's no sound files anywhere in there. Also I don't have anything in my appdata .minecraft folder. I don't use the vanilla install package at all. I'm currently using ATLauncher and Resonant Rise as the base mod pack, with about half the mods disabled. Version is 1.6.4. Just not seeing anything sound-like. Also incidentally, the bdcraft sound pack DOES work, and it definitely has the sounds in the assets\minecraft\sounds folder. I just can't find the original sound files anywhere on my system.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 01 Dec 2013, 13:07

Well RR is likely bundling it's own version of things somewhere and not using the vanilla install.

You may be best asking them where stuff is.

I can only tell you were it is in vanilla (because that's all that really matters when making resourcepacks).
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
39 Posts

Post 02 Dec 2013, 03:13

Weird. Well the odd thing is that since the bdcraft sound patch *works* it would seem that the locations are correct. Maybe I should install vanilla just to get the filenames.