[128x] Create [MC1.19]

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
Patch Creator
760 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2024, 04:35

Offers a variety of tools and blocks for Building, Decoration and Aesthetic Automation. The added elements of tech are designed to leave as many design choices to the player as possible. With Create, the game isn't played inside a bunch of UIs, it challenges you to setup contraptions of animated components working together in many possible arrangements.

Downloads

Note: 512x for MC1.20 is a WIP, and a download will be made soon.

for MC1.19.2 by Lord_Skarra

Changelog

Show
21st Feb, 2024: V0.1.0
21st Feb, 2024: V0.1.1: Removed Chute, not compatible with 1.19.2
25th Feb, 2024: V0.1.2: Chute & Basin redone and added; blaze burners added; casing fixed; copper shingles; fluid tank fixed; some odds and ends.

Credits

Show
PureBDCraft Team
Lord_Skarra
Democrity
PDelta41
Gameskiller01
RadicalEevee
Annonymous
Create Requests thread
Last edited by Lord_Skarra on 25 Feb 2024, 06:45, edited 4 times in total.
Any donations go directly to myself. I am not affiliated with BDcraft.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2024, 04:40

Note the the pack is entirely not 128x... Since its still WIP.
I'll downscale and update to later versions when the pack is fully done.
But for now, its going to sit here, and i'm hoping more people contribute textures to it.

I only posted it here, since people were looking, and it was still in the requests, i basically moved it to WIP and worked on more casing blocks that were missing, and attempted layer casing on the casings to speed up that.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2024, 09:08

Thanks for the patch.

Just to note: you need to delete anything from the zip that's not been modified by you.

If the mod updates and you're including all the other files you could potentially cause weird compatibility issues.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2024, 22:48

HanFox wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 09:08
Thanks for the patch.

Just to note: you need to delete anything from the zip that's not been modified by you.

If the mod updates and you're including all the other files you could potentially cause weird compatibility issues.

Removed Chute, i'll recreate it later, when i get the time.
Thats the one problem with version historys... names update... oof.
Patch Creator
760 Posts

Post 22 Feb 2024, 23:13

Thank you for compiling this Skarra. I also appreciate that you are welcoming other artists to contribute.
I just wanted to inform everyone that Llama Farmer and I have been doing some textures for Create, and doing them in 512x. Might I recommend that you, and all other contributors to prioritise working in 512x so their art can be included in the end result!
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 23 Feb 2024, 02:24

PlatinumPunch wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 23:13
Thank you for compiling this Skarra. I also appreciate that you are welcoming other artists to contribute.
I just wanted to inform everyone that Llama Farmer and I have been doing some textures for Create, and doing them in 512x. Might I recommend that you, and all other contributors to priorities working in 512x so their art can be included in the end result!

You do realize most people can't even do 512x. their computers can't handle it, or have harder times... 64x or 128x is good for a base scale.

Downscaling also ruins all the looks.

Its why i keep my stuff in 128x.
If its downscaled to 64x it doesn't look completely terrible, just blurry...
If i took a 512x super detailed block and downscaled it 64x it would look nothing like it did.

128x Is the default for me... so it can easily be downscaled or upscaled and still look sortof like the image.

Also what do you mean Create Textures?
I have not seen anyone else do create textures besides the requests forum...
If you have textures share them, i'll downscale them... or upscale them as needed...
This Mod is going to be complained at, because everyone wants it in the latest versions, and half the textures aren't even done.
Lets just move it to 1.19.2 oh look the Chute and Basin broke... lets move it to 1.20... oh look everything broke.

People stop expecting this stuff to just be in the latest versions instantly...
let us dang finish it first, before we move it to a version...
Patch Creator
760 Posts

Post 23 Feb 2024, 02:35

Lord_Skarra wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 02:24
PlatinumPunch wrote:
I just wanted to inform everyone that Llama Farmer and I have been doing some textures for Create, and doing them in 512x. Might I recommend that you, and all other contributors to priorities working in 512x so their art can be included in the end result!

You do realize most people can't even do 512x. their computers can't handle it, or have harder times... 64x or 128x is good for a base scale.

If i took a 512x super detailed block and downscaled it 64x it would look nothing like it did.

128x Is the default for me... so it can easily be downscaled or upscaled and still look sortof like the image.

If you have textures share them, i'll downscale them... or upscale them as needed...
This Mod is going to be complained at, because everyone wants it in the latest versions, and half the textures aren't even done.
Lets just move it to 1.19.2 oh look the Chute and Basin broke... lets move it to 1.20... oh look everything broke.

Your endless negativity is inspiring...
I will be creating textures at 512x, and so will Llama Farmer. If you want your textures to be included in the finished product, do the same. If you don't, that is fine, it can be an alternate download. Llama has stated for the last year now that he is working on Create - it is just that not enough textures have been made to warrant a thread.

FYI, a majority of the Create item textures on that screenshot, I drew, for Stoneblock 3...
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 24 Feb 2024, 03:34

PlatinumPunch wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 02:35
Lord_Skarra wrote:
PlatinumPunch wrote:

I will be creating textures at 512x, and so will Llama Farmer. If you want your textures to be included in the finished product, do the same. If you don't, that is fine, it can be an alternate download. Llama has stated for the last year now that he is working on Create - it is just that not enough textures have been made to warrant a thread.

FYI, a majority of the Create item textures on that screenshot, I drew, for Stoneblock 3...
Okay hold up...
1. Saying that my negativity is inspiring sounds quite rude to me. Thanks for that... :\
2. If you have 512x textures for the patch, why haven't you posted them on the create requests page (or included in a link as a comment as i said to do in the very beginning of the actual main post), so people like me who take some images and make other images using them... via using other items in the pack.... or purebdcraft main pack... so we can speed up this process and finish it... we can always downscale or upscale later. (its easier to save pictures in 128x when you have to edit them by hand, or make them... plus it saves space... 512x images take up alot more mb on a drive.)
3. Where in the world, do you mean those textures are yours? the requests page doesn't have any of your comments saying you added textures... if people stole your textures i understand, and this would make more sense, and would make me feel sorry for you for contributing work to this point and noone said anything.... like serisouly guys? give this man some credit... don't just paste work that isn't yours.
4. How do i know what textures to work on, if you already have completed some textures? I don't know what to focus on if there is some textures already done, i would like the pack to be completed for my own modpack, which is why i started compling and making this and Ad Astra to begin with.

Okay that should sum up how i'm feeling recently on this... and this is slightly getting out of hand now... sorry to everyone... for reading this and seeing this... but it makes me frustrated when i can't help make a patch, if the patch is already being done..

This same thing happened to my Ad Astra, someone was working on it without my knowledge, and i wasted time working on textures... when simply someone coulda posted hey here i got some textures for example? and i coulda then looked at them, and then posted the update. Adding people to the credits for the patch as they then contributed textures...

I did evantually even use some of the Ad Astra 1.20 textures in the 1.19.2 patch... still working on that to... but its been put on hold, as i want to finish this patch since alot of people are using it alot more then Ad Astra.
Patch Creator
760 Posts

Post 24 Feb 2024, 04:02

Lord_Skarra wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 03:34
PlatinumPunch wrote:
Lord_Skarra wrote:

Okay hold up...
1. Saying that my negativity is inspiring sounds quite rude to me. Thanks for that... :\
2. If you have 512x textures for the patch, why haven't you posted them on the create requests page (or included in a link as a comment as i said to do in the very beginning of the actual main post), so people like me who take some images and make other images using them... via using other items in the pack.... or purebdcraft main pack... so we can speed up this process and finish it... we can always downscale or upscale later. (its easier to save pictures in 128x when you have to edit them by hand, or make them... plus it saves space... 512x images take up alot more mb on a drive.)
3. Where in the world, do you mean those textures are yours? the requests page doesn't have any of your comments saying you added textures... if people stole your textures i understand, and this would make more sense, and would make me feel sorry for you for contributing work to this point and noone said anything.... like serisouly guys? give this man some credit... don't just paste work that isn't yours.
4. How do i know what textures to work on, if you already have completed some textures? I don't know what to focus on if there is some textures already done, i would like the pack to be completed for my own modpack, which is why i started compling and making this and Ad Astra to begin with.

Okay that should sum up how i'm feeling recently on this... and this is slightly getting out of hand now... sorry to everyone... for reading this and seeing this... but it makes me frustrated when i can't help make a patch, if the patch is already being done..

This same thing happened to my Ad Astra, someone was working on it without my knowledge, and i wasted time working on textures... when simply someone coulda posted hey here i got some textures for example? and i coulda then looked at them, and then posted the update. Adding people to the credits for the patch as they then contributed textures...

I did evantually even use some of the Ad Astra 1.20 textures in the 1.19.2 patch... still working on that to... but its been put on hold, as i want to finish this patch since alot of people are using it alot more then Ad Astra.

1. With the exception of Totemic (which was over five years ago), I only ever post patches when I am done. I don't bother with WIPs because I like getting the job done (unless I throw them into a modpack patch like Stoneblock 3).
2. Sadly one cannot 'upscale' images. We draw in non-vector PNGs and hence they can only be scaled down. Which, with the right program, is trivial. This is what the BDCraft team do - they draw in 512x, and scale down.
3. Those textures are mine, they were first seen in the Stoneblock 3 patch, feel free to use them or change them, or whatever - I don't really care, they are 'beta' textures - only in 128x. Credit does not really matter to me, because as I have said in the Ad Astra forum, it is a community of people trying to work together - which got me happy to see this thread; I felt like you and I made some headway on our previous disagreement.
4. I don't like talking like this it just makes it difficult because you are seriously victimising yourself here. Respectfully, you have made a couple of textures and moved a thread over, and suddenly everyone is against you? I get why you were annoyed about Ad Astra, that was your project (which I wrongfully thought you abandoned and weren't going to do 1.20), which I totally took over. I am sorry about how that concluded. With regards to Create, however, this is a mammoth mod which has been sitting in the back-burners and contributed by many people for an age! I am happy you made it into a WIP thread, but this does not make it 'yours'.
5. I am sorry that I have not posted any textures on Create, as you may or may not have seen, I have been updating about 200 other mods instead... I can put some files up if that interests people, but with a mod of this size, to me it is pointless to have so many untextured things mixed with textured - it is better to just have it all consistent.
6. I think it was a little bit presumptuous to take over the thread and call others out for saying they were doing textures, when that is literally the note you put in your thread. But, I do think it is great you want to contribute, so thank you for that.
7. I am sorry for calling out on your negativity, that was unhelpful on my part.
8. What say I tell you what textures I have done, and we work from there? (I will also ask Llama Farmer).
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 24 Feb 2024, 05:16

PlatinumPunch wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 04:02
Lord_Skarra wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 03:34
PlatinumPunch wrote:

Okay hold up...

1. With the exception of Totemic (which was over five years ago), I only ever post patches when I am done. I don't bother with WIPs because I like getting the job done (unless I throw them into a modpack patch like Stoneblock 3).
2. Sadly one cannot 'upscale' images. We draw in non-vector PNGs and hence they can only be scaled down. Which, with the right program, is trivial. This is what the BDCraft team do - they draw in 512x, and scale down.
3. Those textures are mine, they were first seen in the Stoneblock 3 patch, feel free to use them or change them, or whatever - I don't really care, they are 'beta' textures - only in 128x. Credit does not really matter to me, because as I have said in the Ad Astra forum, it is a community of people trying to work together - which got me happy to see this thread; I felt like you and I made some headway on our previous disagreement.
4. I don't like talking like this it just makes it difficult because you are seriously victimising yourself here. Respectfully, you have made a couple of textures and moved a thread over, and suddenly everyone is against you? I get why you were annoyed about Ad Astra, that was your project (which I wrongfully thought you abandoned and weren't going to do 1.20), which I totally took over. I am sorry about how that concluded. With regards to Create, however, this is a mammoth mod which has been sitting in the back-burners and contributed by many people for an age! I am happy you made it into a WIP thread, but this does not make it 'yours'.
5. I am sorry that I have not posted any textures on Create, as you may or may not have seen, I have been updating about 200 other mods instead... I can put some files up if that interests people, but with a mod of this size, to me it is pointless to have so many untextured things mixed with textured - it is better to just have it all consistent.
6. I think it was a little bit presumptuous to take over the thread and call others out for saying they were doing textures, when that is literally the note you put in your thread. But, I do think it is great you want to contribute, so thank you for that.
7. I am sorry for calling out on your negativity, that was unhelpful on my part.
8. What say I tell you what textures I have done, and we work from there? (I will also ask Llama Farmer).
Note to everyone else... this is why we use discord... website chatting is just horrible...
Ignore all this, we are talking in discord, and working on the patch, it will be... updated evantually...