Ars magica 2

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
45 Posts

Post 31 Dec 2013, 06:59

"You're a wizard Steve"

A look into what Minecraft could become when you add a splash of magic...Ars Magica is a mod about casting powerful spells, fighting bosses, and having fun with magic! It features a unique spell creation system where you can create any spell you can imagine!
Preview
Show
ImageImage

I'm currently working on this patch, and updating it, fairly frequently. It's not uncommon for me to update it and then stay awake until 4 in the morning making more textures! I'm currently working without a focus, just working on the textures I feel like working on, so sorry if that thing you need doesn't get textured just yet! :P

Downloads

Show
For now these are incomplete, you'll have to combine them with the Legacy textures until I've managed to redraw everything.

Whenever I update I shall post in the thread, so make sure to follow if you want to keep as up to date as possible.

Sillyman34 has created textures for this patch! Thanks to the people at Metallurgy 3, whose textures I've sampled for this patch!

Send a PM if you want to be credited, I'm unsure who's contributed to this patch.

Last edited by MikeZilla on 22 Nov 2014, 10:48, edited 64 times in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
238 Posts

Post 31 Dec 2013, 07:26

Hop this turns out great and I'm glad some one is stepping up to the plate. :D
350 Posts

Post 01 Jan 2014, 00:26

Mr.Scales wrote:
Hop this turns out great and I'm glad some one is stepping up to the plate. :D
Hahahah thanks. Its definitely a tough one, but i like a challenge!
I was actually wrong. I'm thinking of starting off with the GUI
I'm back <3
18 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 03:19

Any chance you'll post your WIP patch as you build it? An incomplete patch is better than none :)
350 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 11:43

Hahah you post this image when I already am doing that!
I'm back <3
164 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 19:15

This is nice looking so far! Keep it up. :P
If you need to contact me for any reason add me on skype. My skype account is keddoxz.
238 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 20:36

Can you change the pictures from image to gallery.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 21:16

Mr.Scales wrote:
Doesn't make a difference the images are stupidly tiny anyway.
After I have completed this and you download, you may edit the textures for personal use, but MUST NOT redistribute your work! If you would like to speak to me about this, you may post it below, or through PM.
I don't really understand why you'd take this stance. Sure, I can't stop you having this stance, but it's not very community-friendly.

What if someone needs to update them or fix an issue and you're not around?
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
350 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 22:22

HanFox wrote:
Mr.Scales wrote:
Doesn't make a difference the images are stupidly tiny anyway.
After I have completed this and you download, you may edit the textures for personal use, but MUST NOT redistribute your work! If you would like to speak to me about this, you may post it below, or through PM.
I don't really understand why you'd take this stance. Sure, I can't stop you having this stance, but it's not very community-friendly.

What if someone needs to update them or fix an issue and you're not around?
As for the no community friendly thing, I actually haven't thought it that way and have fixed it up. You had a good point, the last thing i want to do is be non community friendly. I am actually very friendly :D .

And about the images, when I did create them they were far bigger than it has showed up on here, so i don't know but it must be this site.
I'm back <3
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 02 Jan 2014, 22:35

Sillyman34 wrote:
And about the images, when I did create them they were far bigger than it has showed up on here, so i don't know but it must be this site.
When you open the images directly they're tiny. It's the wiki you're hotlinking from that's either resized them or you're using the "thumbnails" instead of the full image.

This site only enforces a max-width, but in no way manipulates or stores external files beyond that point.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin