[128x - 32x] Ad Astra [MC1.19 - 1.20]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Patch Creator
740 Posts

Post 17 Sep 2023, 04:19

Ad Astra

A space mod with a focus on technology, travel and exploration. We've got everything you need to become an astronaut: rockets, space suits, space stations and machines. Why not take a stroll on the Moon? Build a self-sustaining bunker on Mars? Go mining on Venus? The entire Solar System, better yet, Milky Way, is at your disposal!

Downloads

for MC1.20
Show

Preview

Show
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage

Changelog

Show
V0.0.3 for MC1.19.x
Released V3, which combines 1.20 and 1.19.x Textures but keeps it to my original creation more or less, added better Oxygen Suit based on Jet Suit from 1.20

Credits

PureBDCraft Team.
Galaticraft Patch Makers. (Landing Pad Original Texture, Some Metal Plates, Buckets, Small Things)
Last edited by Lord_Skarra on 25 Feb 2024, 06:52, edited 23 times in total.
Any donations go directly to myself. I am not affiliated with BDcraft.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 17 Sep 2023, 04:50

ignoreme
Last edited by Lord_Skarra on 18 Jan 2024, 00:15, edited 4 times in total.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 17 Sep 2023, 08:32

Thanks for posting your patches :)

It's highly recommended that you host the downloads on a proper file server such as Mediafire, Google Drive, or pCloud. The forum may delete attachments without warning. The same for images. Imgur is a good enough place for image hosting.

As for the layout of your posts you might want to look at the guidelines in the release thread rules just to make it a bit easier to understand the post:
releases-for-mods-f9/rules-read-this-be ... -t312.html

Lastly, you don't need to put "WIP" in the titles. We know it's a WIP, it's in the WIP section ;)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 17 Sep 2023, 17:53

Fixed imgur stuff
Last edited by Lord_Skarra on 30 Sep 2023, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 30 Sep 2023, 08:19

V2 is now out, i changed the title, so everyone would see a update would happen...

Rocket Tier 1 and 2 Now finished, Moon Color scheme changed fully to gray, and glacio/permafrost blocks now exist, block updates for a few things, a burn't out torch, fuel tanks for rocket, fan, custom engine look, Fuel Refinery is fully finished, some machines have their side and top panels.

A few more preview pictures were added, note that gray ground is the latest pictures, some of them were taken abit early in developement
Supporter
13 Posts

Post 02 Oct 2023, 18:48

Thank you for your hard work on this. It looks great!
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 24 Oct 2023, 23:25

Thank you very much @Lord_Skarra :)

Is there a possibility to shrink it on 64x ? 128x is a bit too much, that would be wonderful :)
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2023, 16:58

Silverrain wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 23:25
Thank you very much @Lord_Skarra :)

Is there a possibility to shrink it on 64x ? 128x is a bit too much, that would be wonderful :)
No its not possible, if anything is lower then 128x, you wouldn't see any detail whatsoever... i had to upscale it just to see actual panel pieces and parts... if i downscale it, it wouldn't look anything like my actual patch, it would just be blurry or pixelated... to the point i wouldn't be able to see the textures. the original mod was 16x... and there wasn't any detail.

tbh this needs a 1024x just to do the machine details...

the rockets aren't even in 128x to be honest... they are 512x because how ad astra set up its rocket textures as all one file...

if your having texture issues, get rubidium, optifine, or something, to increase fps...

Sry but i'm not doing anything lower then 128x simply because i want the detail...

you wanna downscale a private version yourself then feel free...
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 04 Nov 2023, 19:05

@Lord_Skarra,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. If that doesn't work with the 64x, could you scale the remaining textures in 128x to 128?

And I have another question... are you currently working on a 1.20 version?
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 07 Nov 2023, 01:03

Silverrain wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 19:05
@Lord_Skarra,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. If that doesn't work with the 64x, could you scale the remaining textures in 128x to 128?

And I have another question... are you currently working on a 1.20 version?
the textures are 128x... the rockets are 256x because they have to be. 1.20 is not going to be the same, the textures wont work since the ad astra team is remaking the entire mod... and i will never play anything above 1.19.4. these textures are for the 1.19.4 and below version of the mod.