White Boxes In Tekkit Classic Inventory

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
5 Posts

Post 25 Jul 2016, 19:54

Everytime I open my inventory in tekkit classic some items appear as white boxes.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 25 Jul 2016, 20:32

White textures are usually a sign of running out of video memory.

Use lower resolution textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
5 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2016, 03:35

HanFox wrote:

I was using x64 and so i tried x128 and they both had the white boxes. I am also putting 4GB of memory into the game so I wouldn't think the memory would be the problem
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2016, 07:41

Well, can you try 32x? Does that fix it?

If that doesn't and considering white textures are usually due to video memory I can only offer general tips after this.

Close other open programs.
Make sure Java is up-to-date.
Make sure your graphic drivers are up-to-date.
Make sure your PC is using your proper graphics card and not the onboard (CPU) graphics.
Try reinstalling Tekkit.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2016, 13:33

TheRealRufus wrote:
HanFox wrote:

I was using x64 and so i tried x128 and they both had the white boxes. I am also putting 4GB of memory into the game so I wouldn't think the memory would be the problem
Perhaps I can clarify something here for you: the memory allocated to Minecraft in the settings is from system memory, not video memory. The only way to get more video memory is to upgrade your video card (although this might not be an option if you're playing on a laptop computer)
5 Posts

Post 26 Jul 2016, 17:26

I have a GTX 750 ti so that shouldn't be a problem but I will try
5 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2016, 19:44

MauveCloud wrote:
TheRealRufus wrote:
HanFox wrote:

Perhaps I can clarify something here for you: the memory allocated to Minecraft in the settings is from system memory, not video memory. The only way to get more video memory is to upgrade your video card (although this might not be an option if you're playing on a laptop computer)
I seem to not be able to find the setting in Minecraft you are talking about could you clarify.
Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2016, 20:35 

If you can't find the setting in Minecraft, how exactly were you "putting 4GB of memory into the game"? Your wording implied you already knew how to do that. Anyway, see the attached image. I added a red rounded rectangle to highlight the relevant option. However, if HanFox is correct about it being an issue with the video memory, increasing the memory allocation in the settings won't help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2016, 20:54

MauveCloud wrote:
If you can't find the setting in Minecraft, how exactly were you "putting 4GB of memory into the game"? Your wording implied you already knew how to do that. Anyway, see the attached image. I added a red rounded rectangle to highlight the relevant option. However, if HanFox is correct about it being an issue with the video memory, increasing the memory allocation in the settings won't help.
I put the 4GB into the technic launcher because before i was having problems with the memory in Tekkit classic.