Yogscast Complete Pack Sphax leaving me with 'untextured' Bl

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
4 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 19:06

Hi there,

I am attempting to use the Sphax Pure BD Craft 64x MC16 (for MC 1.6.4) and I have, I believe correctly, merged the Yogspack 64x v 2.3 textures with it using the instructions I have seen in the appropriate thread. I have placed it in the resource pack folder for the Yogscast Complete Pack in the AT Launcher but have encountered a real problem.

When I select the Sphax texture pack in the resource pack menu with Options everything is fine, it loads up the Sphax textured menus and I am able to load up my already existing World. Once it is loaded the textures for blocks except Mobs fails to load. I can see cows, witches etc but absolutely nothing else there is just blue as far as the eye can see as well as the 'shell' that exists around the block and the GUI that tells me what block it is and the tool I can harvest it with etc. The only other things on the screen are the Hot Bar and the Minimap in the corner from Rei's minimap mod.

I have tried allocating several different amounts of RAM through the AT Launcher and this problem still persists.

Just as additional information I am using an iMac with a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 and I have 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would appreciate or is my computer just not capable of running the texture pack beyond mobs?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 19:23

It's likely a VideoRAM issue (i.e. graphics card). Try a lower resolution.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 19:44

Okay thanks I'll try 32x just to let you know my Graphics Card is ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 19:46 

Yea, 512MB is pretty low even for 64x.

Let us know if 32x sorts you out or not :)
4 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 20:09

The YogsPack v2.3 is only available in 64x, do you know if there are significant differences between v1.1 (available in 32x) and v2.3?

-- 13 Dec 2014, 20:09 --

I have now tried with 32x and it has worked, it's a shame that it doesn't look anywhere near as good as 128x Sphax does (which I use for my Vanilla MineCraft) but at least it works so thanks very much for your help.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 20:31

Yea, sadly not much you can do about it without upgrading your graphics card :(
4 Posts

Post 13 Dec 2014, 20:41

I had to get it replaced earlier this year because it was busted, I did suspect it wasn't a particularly good one. The problem I'm having now is FPS drops to below 10FPS (though it is having good periods of 50+) even on relatively conservative settings, I guess those who say Macs can't do gaming may have a point...