I'll put in these new instructions later today
INSTALLATION MAC EDITION
1. Download the regular Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack in the DOWNLOADS section of this page. Note: These are Sphax84's (Creator) Adfly links!
2. Download the Sphax Tekkit SMP 2.1 Support in the DOWNLOADS section with the same size textures as the regular texture pack you just downloaded.
3. Click on Finder, then up top and to the left select "Go", then "Go to Folder..." and type in "~/Library". After that select "Application Support" and then "techniclauncher". In the launcher folder will be "technicssp" and "tekkit". These are the two games when you launch the "techniclauncher.jar". If you open up either one, and scroll down, you will find a folder titled "texturepacks". This is where you will put the finished product.
4. Open the default Sphax texture pack and the Sphax Tekkit Support, as in open the .zip file so now you have two folders. Drag all the contents of the Tekkit texture pack into the Regular Texture pack. It does not matter if some files replace others, however it is suggested that you keep the original OR take the contents and merge them into their respective folders.
5. Once merged, DO NOT just compress the folder, instead go into the folder, hit "Command+A" (select all), and compress X amount of items. If you compress the folder, the it breaks, since .jar doesn't know how to open that folder. When compressed right, the file will be called "Archive.zip" or "Archive2.zip" or something along those lines. Then rename the .zip to Sphax PureBDCraft 128x.zip and if you are using the 64, then use 64 instead of 128. (The name shouldn't affect the outcome, but it's what I did.)
6. Download the Optifine mod in the DOWNLOADS section. When you download the .zip for Optifine, open it. (I personally used 1.1 since I read that is what was required.) (You can try the newest, and if it doesnt work then repeat the following steps.)
7. Now, back in the "technicssp" or "tekkit" folder, which ever you chose to start, go to "bin" and find "minecraft.jar". Copy this onto your desktop or someplace you can work on it. To start, you will rename the folder "minecraft.zip" (Yes, you can do that.) After that, open "minecraft.zip" and put the contents of the Optifine folder into the new "minecraft" folder. Replace the old files. Using the same technique as the texture pack, go inside the folder, select all (Command+A) and compress X amount of items. Again you will get a .zip titled "Archive.zip" or whatever. Renames the new .zip to "minecraft.jar" and replace the "minecraft.jar inside the "bin" folder.
8.After all this you should have a new "minecraft.jar" and a .zip folder in "texturepacks". Launch Technic or Tekkit, whichever one you chose and it should work perfectly.
The installation instructions need to be changed for optifine, the Tekkit ack already has Optifine Smooth in it I'm posting another video troubleshooting these problems and i'll leave a Link when its up
Is it possible to make this 32x32?
Don't know man I just posted the install since I couldn't find one
How do i do this? when i Try and archiving the files to the jar it says no files to add?
dont put in optifine its already part of the tekkit pack. the texture pack should go in appdata/roaming/.techniclauncher/tekkit/texturepacks
My computer doesn't seem to like it when I combine the texturepacks into 1 zip...
If I only use pureBDcraft? No problemo! Nice vanilla textures, but shitty tekkit textures.
Only the tekkit textures? Nice tekkit textures, but shitty vanilla textures.
But when I combine the 2 textures into one .zip and select it? My pc goes
"NOPE! Does not compute!", and MC fps dropped to an unplayable 1-3 and the normal ratio of loaded world against world holes seem to been flipped the other way.. more worldholes then loaded..
After some rigorous testing (trying to combine the texturepack folder by folder)
I figured this out:
The additional textures in the terrain map (blink.png, ccterrain.png and ccturtle.png) caused the fps drop for me. So I am playing without them..
I came across this white screen while testing..
It happened when I added a folder with a subfolder in it AND textures in the mainfolder. (for example: the armor folder has another folder in it, called ic2, together with alot of .png's) It seems moving the textures in the subfolder to the parentfolder did the trick of making it work.