The BDcraft forum has migrated.
You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums

[128x/64x/32x/16x] ExtraBiomesXL v3.11.0 & v3.13.0

70 replies [Last post]

Comments

Samastrike's picture
Samastrike
I searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

I was just trying out some of the updates to mods for minecraft 1.5 and I found this when using BDcraft textures for ExtrabiomesXL 3.12.1: http://imgur.com/XYuKjWy
Those are the fir and redwood leaves and the leaf pile textures, I'm pretty sure from looking at the texture files that those black areas should not be there.

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

[quote=Samastrike]I was just trying out some of the updates to mods for minecraft 1.5 and I found this when using BDcraft textures for ExtrabiomesXL 3.12.1: http://imgur.com/XYuKjWy
Those are the fir and redwood leaves and the leaf pile textures, I'm pretty sure from looking at the texture files that those black areas should not be there.[/quote]
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Does it do that with the vanilla textures?

There's a chance MisterFiber just neglected to add transparency to the fancy leaves.

Samastrike's picture
Samastrike
I searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

No the vanilla versions are fine, as are the other BDcraft leaf textures added by EBXL. It's just those 3.

ClockworkHearts's picture
ClockworkHearts
I like to comment everythingI love to post here

Lots of mod textures are still 1.4.7 which I believe renders them differently than 1.5. So I guess we're going to have to wait for the 1.5.1 version before they will work. Tongue I have like 12 mods all supported by Sphax BDCraft Textures but none have been updated as far as I know. Angry Good thing my window doesn't face the EBXL Trees with their ugly vanilla textures Very Happy

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

EBXL has been 1.5.1 for a while now. Textures are updated. That's what Samastrike is having issues with... I need to check them in game because "in file" they're fine.

EDIT: Okay, so I get the same issue and have no idea why. I may give MisterFiber a poke if I see him tomorrow, otherwise I'll possibly post on the EBXL issue tracker.

EDIT2: I take it back, I seem to have managed to corrupt the alpha channel on the textures Tongue Fixing now...

EDIT3: Tested 128x and 64x and transparency is working. Let me know if anything else breaks!

akull9's picture
akull9

I noticed, as of the latest ExtraBiomesXL update, the sphax textures no longer work.
The mod creator compressed all the separate textures into one file, is any work going into this to fix this?
Thanks

HanFox's picture
HanFox

[quote=akull9]I noticed, as of the latest ExtraBiomesXL update, the sphax textures no longer work.
The mod creator compressed all the separate textures into one file, is any work going into this to fix this?
Thanks[/quote]
No... just no... no... nergh... no Meeh

The latest version is ALL split up as that's how 1.5 textures work. If you need older textures click the button in the OP that says "BROWSE OLD RELEASES"

*mutters something under his breath about b0bster Very Angry *

akull9's picture
akull9

Oh...
Sorry about that, I didn't realise that as the only minecraft version I have been using is 1.2.5 to 1.4.7.
I haven't even touched 1.5.1
My bad.

roman9's picture
roman9

i'm having a problem here i added the textures to my texture pack but nothing happens in game the textures are still vanilla this is the only mod that has this problem i installed the patches for buildcraft, ic2, redpower 2, railcraft and all of them are working correctly

could anyone help i have mc 1.4.7

roman9's picture
roman9

oops my version is 3.10 and the patch is for a higher version sorry (if you guys made it for 3.10 please do tell)