The BDcraft forum has migrated.
You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums
Clickteam Fusion 2.5

[128x/64x/32] Feed the Beast Launcher Packs

482 replies [Last post]

Comments

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

[quote=jakeytaylor][quote=Oyeahoyeah880]Is it possible to make a 256x version?[/quote]

Most likely not as most computers will not be able to handle it as FTB has a lot of mods already.[/quote]
Besides that most of the mods aren't in 256x and probably won't be (Forestry being one of them).

xiled313's picture
xiled313

Anyone have a clue why i would get 2 fps using the 128x pack and 120 fps using the 64x pack? System is only using 60% CPU usage, have 6 gigs of ram allocated to MC and the GFX card is a 560 TI. This just seems wrong to me...

pcmaster160's picture
pcmaster160
I released a major BDcraft patchI searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

lots of the mods you have in there are incomplete, so kinda misleading.

pcmaster160's picture
pcmaster160
I released a major BDcraft patchI searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

[quote=xiled313]Anyone have a clue why i would get 2 fps using the 128x pack and 120 fps using the 64x pack? System is only using 60% CPU usage, have 6 gigs of ram allocated to MC and the GFX card is a 560 TI. This just seems wrong to me...[/quote]
if you hit shift f3 you will see on the bottom right prerendererrors. that is from forestry. Fps killer. Uninstall forestry and youre fine.

xiled313's picture
xiled313

the Mod forestry or the forestry portion of the texture pack? And thanks for the reply...

pcmaster160's picture
pcmaster160

[quote=xiled313]the Mod forestry or the forestry portion of the texture pack? And thanks for the reply...[/quote]
the mod itself. As it is a beta release. Although removing the forestry portion from the modpack may or may not help. (might be worth a shot though).

runlvlzero's picture
runlvlzero

I spent quite a few hours with Faststone image resizer and resized the Feed the Beast 64x BDCraft Addon v1.1.zip pack files (most, 294 out of 627) to 32x. It took a long time to get some of the transparency to work and sort out the files that didnt need resizing anyway.

It runs good on my geforce 9500 and things like candles are pretty decent. The alpha channels / transparencies carried over alright. Frame rate is much more acceptable then a full 64x pack, at least consistantly in the 40+ range.

The options I used were to resize the long side to 512. I used sub filtering and compression level 3 in the PNG output options. Overall the packs size is down 14.81 mbs uncompressed. The textures could be further compressed but I did not wish to do further testing.

Before I resized the textures I did a search and removed all the textures that were smaller then 512 on both sides from the folders. After I resized the textures I copied the new resized ones over the larger ones in the full pack. I then added these to the Sphax PureBDCraft 32x MC14.zip. This replaced the ones I wanted to edit. In Fastones advanced resizing options I had NONE selected for a method. Bilinear, and lancoze caused artifacts in the transparencies.

I don't really feel good about posting up the results OR specifically maintaining a 32x addon pack, but if the creators dont mind I wouldnt be opposed to uploading the file to dropbox or some other site and linking it here or wherever.

Anyway very awesome work all of you and thanks for the compilation! I never would have tried to get it working if the footwork had not been done in compiling the different packs! Thank you jakeytaylor for finding the addons individual textures.

jakeytaylor's picture
jakeytaylor
I explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

[quote=runlvlzero]I spent quite a few hours with Faststone image resizer and resized the Feed the Beast 64x BDCraft Addon v1.1.zip pack files (most, 294 out of 627) to 32x. It took a long time to get some of the transparency to work and sort out the files that didnt need resizing anyway.

It runs good on my geforce 9500 and things like candles are pretty decent. The alpha channels / transparencies carried over alright. Frame rate is much more acceptable then a full 64x pack, at least consistantly in the 40+ range.

The options I used were to resize the long side to 512. I used sub filtering and compression level 3 in the PNG output options. Overall the packs size is down 14.81 mbs uncompressed. The textures could be further compressed but I did not wish to do further testing.

Before I resized the textures I did a search and removed all the textures that were smaller then 512 on both sides from the folders. After I resized the textures I copied the new resized ones over the larger ones in the full pack. I then added these to the Sphax PureBDCraft 32x MC14.zip. This replaced the ones I wanted to edit. In Fastones advanced resizing options I had NONE selected for a method. Bilinear, and lancoze caused artifacts in the transparencies.

I don't really feel good about posting up the results OR specifically maintaining a 32x addon pack, but if the creators dont mind I wouldnt be opposed to uploading the file to dropbox or some other site and linking it here or wherever.

Anyway very awesome work all of you and thanks for the compilation! I never would have tried to get it working if the footwork had not been done in compiling the different packs! Thank you jakeytaylor for finding the addons individual textures.[/quote]

Hey!
That is pretty freakin awesome! To save too many long comments do you wanna pm me? I have some solutions.
Jake Happy

Recon's picture
Recon
I searched for an answer myselfI like to comment everythingI love to post here

[quote=xiled313]Anyone have a clue why i would get 2 fps using the 128x pack and 120 fps using the 64x pack? System is only using 60% CPU usage, have 6 gigs of ram allocated to MC and the GFX card is a 560 TI. This just seems wrong to me...[/quote]

I'm betting its the 128x thermal expansion textures.
When I was making my own FTB pack, as soon as I added the 128x Thermal Expansion, it entirely killed my framerate. Even in the menus before the world was loaded. Could be you are seeing the same issue. Can't be certain though.

jakeytaylor's picture
jakeytaylor
I explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

I have added a 32x version of Feed The Beast Beta Pack A Add-on. It was kindly made by runlvlzero.