The BDcraft forum has migrated.
You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums

[Answered] black screen with 512x

15 replies [Last post]
commissar's picture
commissar

whenever i start MC, i just get a black screen after login. i allocated 6 gigs of ram to MC, and still no dice. and i did patch it w/ mcpatcher. this has always been an issue with this patch, for me.

Comments

Quaksen

Soon as I saw MCPatcher mentioned, I'm betting that's the culprit, it has been two other places so far, at least.
Here: http://bdcraft.net/forum/minecraft-crashes
and here: http://bdcraft.net/forum/mc-patcher-support

(Also, another common cause of black screen is not having deleted META-INF folder in minecraft.jar - did you do that? I can't recall if MCPatcher does it automatically..)

commissar's picture
commissar

idk, it's worked with other texture packs, just not sphax. i don't know if it deletes meta_inf. i didn't.

Quaksen

*pokes Sphax* if MCPatcher works with other texture packs, and not this one, something is up Happy

commissar's picture
commissar

put in optifine properly, no dice

Quaksen

You get the black screen still?
Hm - could you check in your minecraft.jar if there's that META-INF folder there?
If it's there - delete it - if it's not there - I've got no idea at the moment what else could cause it.
If you have MCPatcher, you can try to use that "Test Minecraft" and see if you get any sort of error message there, when it stops loading Minecraft and just shows the black screen? Happy

commissar's picture
commissar

what i hear is that optifine is fuk'd up. i couldn't rune minecraft even w/o sphax after i put optifine in. i hat to revert to my backup of minecraft.jar

commissar's picture
commissar

i've gotten lb rpg 512 to work b4, it's just out of date, back at 1.1

Quaksen

[quote=commissar]what i hear is that optifine is fuk'd up. i couldn't rune minecraft even w/o sphax after i put optifine in. i hat to revert to my backup of minecraft.jar[/quote]
Hm - that's odd.
I'm using OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_MT_A6 without any problems Happy

commissar's picture
commissar

can u upload it somewhere? the optifine main DL has A2, which is broken

commissar's picture
commissar

i put the a6 on, i get the sphax mojang screen, then it goes black