The BDcraft forum has migrated.
You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums

Having trouble with both (512x and 256x)

5 replies [Last post]
Raktus's picture
Raktus
I searched for an answer myself

I tried using the 512x Texture Pack and sat here for about ten minutes with the game stuck on a black screen while loading. Came to the forums and saw the recomendation to downgrade to 256x. I did so, still getting a black screen and no game. I recently got a new computer, I can run Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2 on ultra with no loss... so this is a very confusing problem.

Btw, I've used the programs in the FAQ and I've tried giving Minecraft more RAM. Neither thing has made it work.

Comments

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

How much RAM did you give it?

Also, did you get a crash report?

Raktus's picture
Raktus

At first 4gb, then 8gb... I stopped upping it at that point. I like to do things as I play Minecraft, if freezing out every other program is the cost of textures, then it's not worth it, lol.

It didn't crash, it just stayed black screen for over ten minutes.

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

I guess it's probably like me when I use 128x that sometimes it just memory leaks and craps out entirely (128x with lots of mods textures).

I can only suggest you try lower resolutions and see if it works with those.

Raktus's picture
Raktus

I guess I'll have to move to another texture pack... I used to use Sphax before this and had no problems, it's my fave look. Appearently things have gotten too difficult to use lately.

HanFox's picture
HanFox

If that's how you feel, but it's not the texturepack's fault it's the way the textures are behind handled since MC1.5 by Minecraft itself.

To split every file up how they have is a horrible way to do it and it creates terrible overheads.