You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums
Rules: Read this before posting a MOD support patch
Share this page
BDcraft on Twitter
BDcraft on Facebook
Rules to post "Patches for Mods"
Please, read them carefully before posting a new thread.
Before creating and posting a MOD support patch for PureBDcraft, you must read, understand and agree with the BDcraft license terms.
With the according license, by default, you are not authorized to create derivative work based on PureBDcraft texturepack.
I waive this condition of use for MODs support only if (and only if) the following conditions are met.
What to do
- MOD support must be released as a "patch" of PureBDcraft. That means you are not authorized to release a non-modified file of PureBDcraft which is already included in PureBDcraft texturepack.
- MOD support should be released on this forum. You can also release it in any other forum.
- The thread dedicated to the MOD support patch must include the MOD banner (if any), the link to the MOD (website or forum thread), a short description of the MOD, a preview (one or more pictures), credits and download section
- The thread dedicated to the MOD support patch must be proofread and written in proper English before submitted
- Remember to always give proper credits to the people who worked on the patch.
- Downloads should be in .zip format. DO NOT use .rar or .7z as they can have issues on some systems.
- Read the Thread "Tips&Tricks to create PureBDcraft texturepack patch"
What you are authorized to
- You can use any texture included in PureBDcraft texturepack (recent or old version) or included in official PureBDcraft patches
- You can ask me to help you for new textures for X block/item in the WIP MOD patch. I'll do my best to help you but sometimes, I will not have enough time to.
- You can release your patch anywhere you want (other website or forum thread).
- You can use PureBDcraft and your patch on commercial videos if you want to.
- You must credits the work used in your arts (but not in any way that suggests that the authors endorse you or your use of the work).
What you are not authorized to
- You are not authorized to create and release a remixpack or any texturepack which use one or more textures or files of PureBDcraft (with or without modification)
- You should not release your MOD support patch under an adf.ly link or any other payment method. You should do this for fun and to help the community, not to make money. If you disagree, let me know by email or by PM, I'll be glad to discuss this with you. If you want to have a permalink, use Bitly or any other nonpaid URL shortner.
- You are not authorized to release a non-modified file of PureBDcraft which is already included in PureBDcraft texturepack.
Example of well formatted post
Please be aware that if you are asked to reformat your post and you fail to do so your thread will be moved to the WIP section.
Get featured on the bdcraft.net homepage by adding (in a spoiler) an image with the following requirements:
- Size: 930x320
- Format: PNG 24bit only (no alpha)
- Colors: No flashy colors or old-school clip-arts. Try to use the colors from the Mod/Mod pack Logo
- Title: Use the logo of the Mod or (better) the logo of the Mod in vectors (no visible pixels is better)
- Text: Small text is needed at the bottom of the picture and must contains " patch for PureBDcraft" with (optionally) something like "available now". You can add your nickname at the end if you are one or two artists who created the patch.
- Style: Use ingame screenshots with PureBDcraft texturepack + 1 or more blocks and items (I can make polished blocks and items easily if needed).
- Limitations: No Minecraft avatar, no url, no visible pixelated items or blocks, no nickname if the patch was made by more than 2 artists.
Read the dedicated thread about this picture.