The BDcraft forum has migrated.
You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums

Sphax x512 Crash Please Help

9 replies [Last post]
Wolfy927's picture
Wolfy927

Hi guys and gals. So lately I've been having a bit of a problem with my Sphax 512 TP. I've allocated 11Gig to minecraft to try get my Sphax 512 to work with no luck. It gives me a black screen when i log in and no error log. I have 64 bit java with windows 8 installed. I've been trying to get this to work for weeks now. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

Samastrike's picture
Samastrike
I searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

How long do you leave it for? If it just stays at a black screen without giving a crashlog it's possible that it's still just loading.

Wolfy927's picture
Wolfy927

Oh I've given it a good 15 mins to load, when I click on the black screen with my mouse it tells me minecraft has crashed. :c

redkid1's picture
redkid1

well it seems your computer may not be able to handle the texture pack try 1 of the lower like 128 or lower it may just be that the display is to high for you computer if not then just try 16x
good luck with it
Winking

Wolfy927's picture
Wolfy927

Well, I can run the 256 one with 100fps, so I don't see why I can't use this one D:

Lethocerus's picture
Lethocerus

You are not alone. The 512 crashes on me to. It's defiantly not my rig. I have a core i7 2x 660 Ti (sli) with a solid state drive and 32 gigs of ram.

---Update--
I dedicated 14 gigs of ram to java and it worked. followed this tutorial

N107430AXE's picture
N107430AXE

I can't get into minecraft to change my texture pack because it won't load.

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

[quote=N107430AXE]I can't get into minecraft to change my texture pack because it won't load.[/quote]
Go to your .minecraft folder and open options.txt.

Find Skin:Sphax... and change it to Skin:Default

logantippy's picture
logantippy

I am having problems with sphax, because when I get on Minecraft the only things that texture are the mobs so none of the blocks texture for me.

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

[quote=logantippy]I am having problems with sphax, because when I get on Minecraft the only things that texture are the mobs so none of the blocks texture for me.[/quote]
Use the correct version of the texture pack for the version of Minecraft you are using.